Please Help!!! What do I have to do to get a boyfriend this school year?

I'm gonna be a junior this year, and i think im finally ready to start dating. Im moderate looking and get little to no attention from guys. the friends i hang out with are wayyy prettier than I, and they get most of the attraction from guys. In class I am very quiet, and outside of class im looked at like a weirdo😬. there's about 30 days till school starts. What do I have to do to get guys to notice me this school year? Should I dress differently? Act differently? What should I do? Please help!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you decided to ask anyone to prom or get asked out by anyone to prom yet? That's probably where you'll begin to develop a friendship with a guy and perhaps he might just be the person you will want to date, OR not. There's really no rush, not everyone will have a relationship or significant other during high school or even after graduating from high school. Most high school relationships don't really last unless both parties go in the same direction since people eventually go their separate ways and move onto different cities for college and higher education and they also look for jobs in other cities.

So if your goal is really just to fit in, treat it as just nothing more than a learning experience to hang out with a guy and as a potential prom date or something. Don't get overly attached and expect the relationship to really really last for a very long time, as more often those kind of relationships don't, not saying they never, but it's just less likely they will last for the reasons I've previously mentioned.

Most Helpful Girl

• Focus on school.. when it's the time to get a man he'll eventually come along. You can be as ready as you want to be in a relationship but maybe it's just not the right time to be in one. Focus on what's more important and get your priorities out of the way then everything will fall into place. These boys are young and immature and the only difference about anything is that the same immature individuals are just going into a higher level in high school.. Take it easy, you don't want heartbreaks and distractions from your education. As much as you are a junior now you will soon be a senior when the next school year come around just like me. I experienced a lot and the same mentality i had during my junior year i promise you i would've made better decisions. Plan your career, and what you want to be in the future because honestly boys are going to be here forever but the right guy will be saved just for you when the right time comes.

What Guys Said 17

• Never rush into relationships. Take your time. You still have lots of time. If you want a boyfriend make yourself look available. I'm not saying dress like a tramp but dress to impress. Smell good, wear nice clothes, talk to guys you might be interested in, and so on.

• You have to realize that sitting around hoping to get a guy to want to bone you between the thighs is not a very productive way of establishing social relations that primarily revolve around communication.

• All you need to do is act playful and tease others, smile at them and that'll be what makes others want to be around you, then ask them if they have interests like you. Guys like girls like you but try to come out if your shell and talk to people. That's all there is to it

• I realise that at your age your hormones are screaming at you, but relax.
    There is more to life.
    Your primary focus should be on your school work, because that will be the most significant determiner of the quality of life that you have for the rest of your life.
    If something happens with a boy, then good for you. If not, take it upon yourself to release your sexual tension so that you can focus on work.

• A picture would help. You have to look like you want a boyfriend. If your face is hidden in long hair and glasses, then get a nice cut and wear contacts. If you are dressing like the boys, stop and wear something cuter. Go to resale shops, you can get cool clothes for very little money.

You don't have to be a model to have a boyfriend, but you have to look approachable. If you are shy, try just saying hello to everyone. Works wonders.

• Act differently. Try to be more open and interact more with guys. Then the chances of someone get interested in you will increase.

• Yeah shut up. Date because you like someone not because you have to, become friends then start flirting.

• all you gotta do is appraoch the one you want and quit expecting guys to do everything, simple as that

• When Kelis sang Milkshake - she meant it literally.

Seriously. The way to a boy's heart is either through his penis or his stomach.

• This is so easy
    You see a attractive single guy
    You have him lots of attention but not in a slutty way
    He will catch on

• As a moderate looking weirdo you probably have many guys crushing on you that you see as invisible. You should start trying to notice more and most likely lower your standards if you're just obsessing over the hot guys.

• You should try talking to guys you like and seeing if they want to spend some time with you.

• I'll not say "suck dicks". I'll say believe in yourself.

• Just focus on school

• Forexample start with fixing that fucking profile image if you use it when you talk to boys

• Don't sound as desperate as you sound now :/

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Coming from someone who dated a lot in high school just focus on school college dating is better.

• Smh don't be so desperate.

• Makes lots of money

• Talk to guys and then build relationships with them