This girl is known as the "weird nerdy ugly girl" by many. Would dating her ruin my reputation?

I don't want to type a really long story considering I already wrote a mytake about her, so this is it basically: I'm friends with her, she's friends with me. Our personalities are similar. We are really nice and funny to each other. Our parents already know and like each other, and we seem really compatible together. There's only one problem with us being together. At all the schools that she went to, she was known as the "weird nerdy ugly girl". This sounds harsh, but it's sadly true. If I date her, I feel like the problem would be that my reputation might be ruined. When you hear this, you're probably going to say something like "If you really like her it shouldn't matter". Well, I really do like her, but it's for the sake of my reputation. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• So, which bit's true? That she's known as that, that she's weird, that she's nerdy, that she's ugly, or all of the above? If you yourself feel that she's ugly, and you aren't attracted to her, then you really shouldn't date her. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a best friend who's a girl, and you don't want to jeopardize that friendship by taking your relationship into territories where you don't actually want it to go.

What Girls Said 5

• Deep down, you'll always think of yourself as "better" than her, and that you risked your reputation for her..! Eventually she'll realise how you feel because one way or another, you'll let it show, whether it's something you say or do. And she'll get ten times more hurt. Forget it! stay friends, and if, in a few years, you're out of high school and over this little concern, then date her.

• Don't bother dating her if your reputation is all that matters to you.

• Bruh...
    If you actually like her then you wouldn't worry about your reputation... :/

• If you don't think she is worth losing your "rep" over, she clearly isn't important to you.

• If you are concerned about your reputation you dont care enough about her. she is better off interminably crushing on you than have you humiliate her in front of the world. Stay friends unt you grow up a little at least.

What Guys Said 8

• It's better if you don't date her. You'll be doing her a favour. No one has to be with a person who thinks his/her 'reputation' may be ruined due to them.

• Honestly, if it's your reputation you're worried about you don't deserve her. No matter who you date people are going to talk shit and try to take away your happiness. Screw what people say do what makes YOU happy.

• Yes your reputation would suffer. But trust me, when highschool is over you will never see those people again, but you will still have your best friend/girlfriend.

• Why give up on happiness for people you won't talk to again?

• Eff your rep, go for the happiness.
    NEVER tell her you even questioned the idea.

• Don't worry about what other people think! And that will actually help your reputation tbh. How you ask? You will be seen as a nice guy every girl wants to date because looks don't matter to him. You will appear like a more geniune guy even tho you are by what I read! Also a more harsh one is: you'll look even more attractive with an ugly girl with you (not calling her ugly lol)

• This has to be a troll.

• Of course, that is why women don't that those kind of guys too. Just let ugly, fat, nerdy women to be forever alone and not reproduce. It is called natural selection))

• Date her and keep it a secret plain and simple

• Why do u give a damn about what other people think?