How do I find this damn cat and bring him inside?

Housesitting for someone and it's a pad right on the beach so I took it. I'm taking care of two cats and I got one of them after a long battle of luring her in with treats and finally getting a grip on her after an hour. Her name is rosy and she is now inside. They are both outdoor cats and the owner said they should come in around 6-7ish. Its getting dark and they have a lot of coyotes out at night.
Now I need to find Mingus.. I've gone around the neighborhood yelling it's name shaking the bag of treats.

I've strategically setup a perimeter of treats around the all the entrances of the house. I got the front door covered.
Then you cross into the backyard..

I set down two treats here as well..

Then I have this asshole neighbhor riding a loud ass dune buggy prly scaring the shit out of mingus

This damn cat is fucking up my night man. Thought I was going out.. I never thought I'd be running around a neighborhood with cat treats in my head screaming mingus for hours on end.

#LetsFindMingus

w0t do? Mingus still missing boyos
Mingus is still missing boyos.

Most Helpful Girl

• Poor mingus he's probably terrified. Does Mingus know you? If not, that might be why he is hiding. Cat's can be very wary of people they do not know. And while some cats might be more trusting, the one's that aren't will hide. It's possible Mingus is nearby and just lurking to see what you are up to and what you will do.

The best thing you can do if you do find Mingus, is to allow him to learn about you. Let him smell your hand. It sounds silly, but that builds trust in cats. They smell to learn about you. Some cats need to be able to smell new things in their environment to ensure they are safe.

It's good that you have food, he will probably be drawn by the food.

Another thing you can try is to grab a toy, like a string or something. That might lure him out. Cats instinctively are hunters. If there are bugs or other things moving around, they love to pounce. A string would do that, so would a laser.

Most Helpful Guy

• Can confirm I am house... lol okay enough of the misc.

What Girls Said 11

• Lol at Mingus having a better night out then you are. There's nothing you can do at the moment, apart from wait

• Where is Charlie when u need him?
    media.giphy.com/media/4nuZLhXPqYLDO/giphy.gif

loool
    but maybe leave some cat nip out or something. i think cats like that haha

• Shake a bag of cat food

• Sorry buddy, I can't help you with this one... I dislike cats, they freak me out. I guess you just waith and see if he comes back or not.

• Maybe wait till the neighbors quit with the dune buggy then open a can of tuna.

• You just have to wait. If they cat doesn't like you very much they probably won't come to you if you call them.

• ”here kitty kitty kitty” ♪

• Do you have a red focus light anywhere?

• Good luck but you're screwed. It's impossible.

• Open up a can of tuna and have a good night. You're welcome.

• Did we really the dozens of pics and the text messages lol :P

What Guys Said 3

• Get a toddler and put him/her just outside the house. With luck, the cat will pounce out of nowhere and knock the brat on his/her ass.

• Is that girl named Priya Indian?

• lol wut? #Randomlel