SKINNY GIRLS OR BIG GIRLS!! What do you guys prefer and WHY?

Im heavy and curvy girl and i think because of my weight i can't get guys to talk to me or even ask me out.. I often feel that in this society today EVERY GUY around my age ONLY date or talk to skinny, small or slim girls. Is that the case? Guys and ladies let me in on whats going feel free to comment!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all. It all depends on the guy and his preferences.

I for example am CRAZY about bigger, curvier girls. My very first "real woman" was a bigger, curvier woman slightly older than me - I think it kind of imprinted on me because I can get totally LOST with someone a little larger and heavier than the "normal".

Someone that purely disses you or does not want to relate to you because of how you look or what your weight is is not worth your time. There -are- guys that look deeper or that just plain like your body type and they -are- out there. Don't creep into your shell. A nice, funny, intelligent woman and a warm and giving personality is actually what gets things done with the guys - a body that is nice helps, but any body can be nice! It is all in the eye of the beholder.

The girl I mentioned above for example was very much like you. She also thought nobody would ever want to be with her due to how she looked and that she was slightly overweight and curvy. She was actually very very sensitive, funny, highly intelligent and once you got to know her the warmest, gentlest most loving person I've ever had a relationship with. She just hated her body, and especially her belly! But there was no reason for her to do so, she was perfect, well proportioned, ridiculously attractive and wonderful, even if she was a bit overweight. I found out about a particular hate she had for her belly - and there was NOTHING wrong with it, so in sex-play and lovemaking I'd focus on it, tell her how beautiful it was, kiss it for her, etc. - this acceptance of a part of her she was disgusted by really helped her come out of her shell and enjoy the lovemaking and accept the attention I gave her.

My point being find a guy that is willing to look a bit deeper and get to know the person inside. Guys who just focus on the body tend to not be good long time prospects. Be outgoing, neat, clean, accepting of yourself and project this outward. An overweight woman, with a good attitude and clear acceptance of herself (by herself) can become EXTREMELY attractive just by virtue of how she carries herself and projects herself to guys.

• WOW!! YOUR RESPONSE REALLY HELPED AND TOUCHED MY HEART. You are sooooo right that if a guy can't look pass what i LOOK like is his problem. I never went for people for what they look like. If the connection is there can be something... I just always felt like I never fitted in just because of my weight but reading your reponse helped me out alot!!! thanks!!!

• Sure thing. I'm almost double your age so I've been around a bit... what REALLY carries off a woman in a relationship has very little to do with her body. It is very much her attitude, her humor, her intelligence and how gentle and caring she can be. A big turn OFF for guys is a woman who actively hates herself and refuses to accept attention or love because she does not love herself and does not consider herself worthy of his attention - such women are IMPOSSIBLE to love. Don't fall into that trap - accept yourself as you are, be true to yourself an proud of yourself. Even a slightly plain or overweight woman who walks around with head back and chin up and looks the world in the eye is MUCH more sexy than a doll with a tight body and empty head who is slow and stupid into the bargain as well.. a neat, cared-for woman with intelligence and gentleness in her personality is IMMENSELY attractive - no matter just how overweight she might be.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I most guys prefer healthy.

What Guys Said 21

• Neither... When I say skinny, it's really like "fragile looking" skinny
    When I think of big, I really think of fat people

I prefer something in the middle, like this

http://i65.tinypic.com/20aaujn.jpg

• I prefer a girl with some weight. I've never been into skinny girls.

• I just followed you! I have to say that I LOVE curvy, bigger women!!
    I love bigger bodies, it is much better than those ugly ass models!:)
    So, call it a fetish, call it whatever... but bigger women for me please!

• I prefer skinny or average

a couple of extra kg are okay if she wears them well, but I'm not attracted anymore if someone is clearly overweight

• Its cool that you like what you like but I always felt that guys that only go for a girl for what she looks like is very shallow.. this is not to bash you or anyone cause we all have preferences but i jus hope you dont turn a wonderful, fun respectful loyal big, curvy, fat, plus size whatever people want to call it down because she not skinny, slim or small.. but thanks a lot for your reponse i really appreciate your opinion!!!

• it's simple.
      if you are not physically attracted to someone, then the likelihood of it working out is very low, because how should you get intimate with someone if their body doesn't do anything for you, or maybe even puts you off? Yes, personality is more important than looks, but you can't leave one of those out completely. There needs to be at least some attraction. And if we talk about curvy girls, there comes a point for me where it just gets too curvy, to put it nicely. I have my preferences and I have been strongly attracted to girls which didn't fit my category, but I was still physically attracted and if that's not the case for a girl then I can't date her, no matter how great her personality is. Friend, no problem but sexuality is a big point and if I'm not attracted physically then a very important point is missing. It's for 90%+ people like that

• Right, you are entitled to feel that way which I respect. Its just sometimes make me scared to approach a guy that may be just like you because i want him to see pass my looks and know that im really a great girl.. but to be rejected because of your weight or looks period is saddening because that person can really be missing out on knowing someone thats awesome, but i guess people are more into physical then spiritual and what arouses them sexually then mentally.. but im not saying you're wrong for how you feel I would just hate for you to miss out on someone special because they can't arouse your physical preference by being skinny and slim like a victoria secret model.. Lol but thanks for your opinion i really appreciate your response!!!

• Skinny, although chubby girls that are proportional can have very sexy bodies too. And big hips are a huge plus and those look best on curvy girls. The bigger or older you get though the worse the fat hangs.

• That all being said though don't worry about what guys prefer, only worry about how you can game them.

• I LOVE YOUR REPONSE!!! I always thought if i just be myself with guys or anybody period they would look pass what i look like.. and im not a fat ugly girl either... yes i may be overweight but im proportioned, neat, clean, well grommed amd pretty with a great fun, funny personality to go with it sooo, if a guy can't look pass my weight then thats his shallow problem..

• Thank you! Definitely, and fun people always win as long as they put themselves out there. I've found if you live a fun social life and are able to open and close the opposite sex (the skills to progress it past a regular conversation) you can get what ever you want. Knock 'em dead!

• Skinny. I'm not into fat girls.

• Skinny, slim and small! They look cute, are great to throw around in bed, and will look youthful for a long time.

• Slim women are just hotter and more attractive. Its like how most girls prefer a 6' tall guy over a 5'5 guy.

• I feel that guys that only go for girls on what they look like are shallow.. im the kind of girl that doesn't care what you look like.. if we can have a decent respectful converstation then we can go somewhere but im never the kind of girl that has a check list on what I want my guy to look like.. maybe on his character but NOT HIS LOOKS..

• Good for you. However for guys, looks are what grabs our attention, then personality either makes us like you or dislike you. Maybe you could work out more and eat better? It's easier than getting taller!

• Fit girls. I have nothing against curvy or skinny girls, but I prefer women who are in shape.

• Everyone is not fit or even healthy for that matter.. You would still pass someone up if they weren't fit or healthy?

• You're right, not everyone is fit, but there are plenty of fit women out there. You asked what my preference is, and I answered "fit girls." I have dated women who were not fit. It doesn't really bother me. My only problem with women who aren't fit is that many of them prefer to spend time in doors, whereas I like hiking and other outdoor activities.

• True and i thank you for opinion and preference because i know everyone is not the same..

• I think attraction is in your genes, probably in your jeans as well. I know guys who adore voluptuous women, they are not attracted to skinny or slim girls.
    Personally I prefer the skinny, small or slim girls, but it is a matter of personal taste!

• Skinny, with ass and tits

• Slim and athletic like Alex Morgan in soccer.

• not big but fat. call things the proper names. good can imply 2 meters tall. not really into
    'n this society today EVERY GUY around my age ONLY date or talk to skinny, small or slim girls'
    Really? In the USA, where the fat ass culture started?

• im not into fat girls

• Not too skinny, not too fat. Both are generally unhealthy and against evolution. Men are wired to go for the woman that is the most capable of bearing a child. (Ass, boobs, and hips.)

• How about somewhere inbetween?

• DUH SKINNY

• Much more than her body I'm turned on by faces, if I like her face, I really don't care if she's super slim or over sized. I would prefer a beautifull face over a 'perfect' body.

• Skinny and healthy girls

• I prefer girls with big boobs and ass because i want to "feel protected"

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• I only know a few guys that are into 'bigger' girls.

Majority want fit, not skinny.

However, I do know of one that likes skinny women (he's having a baby with my friend, and she's skinny with no boobs or ass. Size 2 before she got pregnant).

• I like all girls.

• Fit girls ;)

• No preference just heatly weight

• I know many guys who like big girls 😊