Why is it that kids are dating younger and younger these days?

Why is it that kids are dating younger and younger these days? I mean seriously, at the age where I was still losing teeth, they're losing their virginity! It's getting outta hand I think. And half the parents could care less. Am I the only one who feel this way, honestly?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because kids are getting stupider and stupider. Something like that anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• I think you're a little young to play the 'Kids these days!'-card lol. Besides, it's easy to get the wrong impression with these things. You'll hear about the few kids that are having sex, and never about all the kids that are not having sex, which makes it easy to get the (wrong) impression that all the kids are having sex these days.

I don't think there's any reason to worry unless statistics show a significant change (which they don't, as far as I'm aware). People have been complaining about immoral young people since forever, maybe it's just natural to feel superior to the generations that come after you ;)

• Its the parents fault. No matter how popular it is on TV, the kids wouldn't be doing it if the parents didn't allow it, and actually weren't afraid to teach the kids about relationships and why they should wait until they're more mature.

• stupidity + peer pressure can accomplish amazing things,

other than that I wish they were all dead.

What Girls Said 5

• I disagree.

If you were to look at actual statistics, you would see that sexual activities with have decreased. The median age that girls lost their virginity was at 17.4 years and for boys 16.9 for boys - which is a far cry from cutting teeth. Though more teens talk about sex at your age, they are actually having it less than in the 90's.

As for parents - though it is easy to blame parents for out of control teens, a lot of these kids are old enough to comprehend "right" and "wrong". "Kids" need to take responsibility for their own actions and stop blaming their parents. It's not easy to keep up with your kids 24/7 - and for some parents they can try their best and still end up with a bad apple.

I think the future is fine, especially with the amount of available information out there. To me our future leaders will be more informed and hopefully more tolerant than the previous generation.

I guess we'll just have to see.

• Well, in America that seems to be the case, anyway. Makes me wonder if this is happening in other countries. The media is partially to blame, and you're right, parents should probably start caring more what their kids are getting into at such young ages.

• Welll I starte dating hanging out with guys when I was 9 & I am still a virgin so it is not dating just morals in general - I think. & We especially woman now a days are def. encouraged to degrade ourselves in one way or another for social gain - supposed.

It is realy just a matter of como sense.

You do the things hat make you feel good * respected & respectful , & you DON'T do the things that maje you feel used ot like a jerk.

The meant that your heart ,your mind , & your conscience, are at war, then all spiritual hell breaks loose & kids compromise themselves & are encouraged to do this in CERTAIN societies - not all.

I half think it is a conspiracy with the drug companies & therapists, the more messed up kids can be proven to be, the ore money goes to the rehabilitation organizations & more power goes into saying kids should be censored which leads t more rebelling which leads to ore censorship & eventually you have a break down of society..

Kids emulate the adults that surround them, so it really is an exemplification of or society as a whole, not just ids mis behaving, & it is not just parents, parents exemplify there society. We have society culture & philosophy & rules for the reason that EVERYONE needs guidance & freedom & help & responsibility, but it needs to be balanced.

Look at all the mess of everything with our whole society & leaders & international relations & leaders & the kids behavior - I think- will make ore sense.

& I think the netter ids feel about themselves for things they ca accomplish t just things they can do, the more the behavior will be dignified.

I am not judging anyone btw, I a just giving my thoughts on what I think may be happening no condemnation on children whatsoever- I was one a couple years ago & I often forget I am not still 14.

:-)

• i feel the same way. I don't understand it. I don't want to imagine what the world is gonna be like in 20 years...it's a shame...

• Because their parents don't know how to be parents and just let their kids do whatever they want and half the time they're probably not even sure what their kids are doing.