Is it weird if I'm not attracted to guys of the same race as me?

Okay so I'm black and I just don't find black guys attractive at all. I mean like my bestfriend is black and it's not like I'm racist against my own race it's just I'm not attracted to them I mainly like white guys (gingers are my weakness) and every other race. It's really weird though because i feel like I'm disappointing people like my grandma hates white people because when she wa little her family was owned by white people and they were horrible to them and whenever I date someone I just feel so bad cause I don't want my family to hate him or think less of me and I've even been in the situation where I'd be dating a guy and his family is racist like they'd go full KKK on my family and it just sucks knowing you can't be with someone you like or maybe even love just because you don't wanna disappoint your family ya know?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that's sad that you would prefer date a guy with racist family members over your own kind. I mean were you not exposed to enough black guys growing up? were you raised around a lot of white people causing you to grow up finding them more attractive? with the way the world is now, hopefully you will find a good black guy to fall for because you are gonna have a hard time getting a decent white guy who treats you right and whos family accepts you! just being real

• Actually I grew up with a lot of black people so it's not that and I've dated a lot of white guys who are amazing and who's family accepted me and liked our relationship it's just I have had a fair share of having a boyfriend of a racist family ya know?

What Guys Said 1

• long question, short answer... no

What Girls Said 2

• No its not wrong. It's preferable and everyone has one

• No, not really I mean I guess you can't help who you're attracted to. I used to be like that when I was in middle school. When I turned 17 this yr I grew out of it though.