Isn't long distance relationship useless?

I mean what's the point of pretending you're with a person if you barely ever see each other... I don't really think it has any potential at all, it's more to me like the sad excuse of a relationship and it's bound to fail, break and fall in one way or another. For me you're either with a person to see her, in the flesh, and talk, support, encourage and love her... You're not so far away and just saying I have a Girlfriend/boyfriend that's just... like... never actually with me

Most Helpful Girl

• My LDR failed big time lol.
    I'm not against being in one again but I will be more careful in choosing someone more excited about it.

• Yeah I get it but it's the thing... You look for someone else but in the end I think no matter what, and no matter who's the person, in one way or another LDR depreciate... So it's kinda doomed

What Girls Said 3

• How do you know your SO is not 5,000 miles away?

• ? I didn't understand what you meant

• How do you know your significant other is not 5,000 miles away? Maybe you don't click with the person in your town but you do with someone far away.

• AHH.. Well here's the thing... My significant other has to be "significant" ... Someone I see from behind a screen... Not so significant... But that's just me

• Not everyone has the luxury of their soulmate just happening to live down the street.

• Then I h=guess I'd find another lol... You're with the person or you're not... I'm just surprised that people don't really reason the same way.. Maybe I'm just a minority

• only if your fully commited bc sometimes not seeing the person for a long period of time can break the relationship up. Also its just hard to always keep in touch when your meeting new people

What Guys Said 1

• Well.. To be completely honest it depends on the people in the relationship.. Iv seen a lot of ldr fail but iv seen some that did very well and in the end they were together and crazy happy to be together for years.. So i wouldn't say its useless but its no doubt a real fucking challenge..