I'm telling my mom?

I'm 18 and i'm telling my mom about my 23 year old (will be 24 in Sept) boyfriend. How would you feel if your daughter told you? Any advice? We've been together for about 6 months and after I tell her, he's going to meet her on July 23rd lol- i'm really excited, not that nervous. I was just curious of your opinions!

Most Helpful Guy

• It's legal. Can't see anything wrong here

• Thanks for MHG. How'd the meeting go? Does she like him?

• lol really? Surely she'd be ok with it if he's a decent guy

• he's better than decent! lol but i just thought it would be better to wait to tell her. i told my step father and he was cool with it but my mom worries a lot, especially with me and not because i'm reckless but because we're so close. I'm her oldest child and we're bestfriends. i just don't want her to freak out. especially in this heat! i'm not trying to make her have an asthma attack! 😂 i'm laughing but i'm serious lol

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be worse. He could be much older. But I get that she might be skeptical. You two are in different life stages which could lead to trouble in the future and I hope he is not pressuring you into doing things you aren't ready for. But if he's a good guy then I'm sure your mother will see it. Just be prepared for her to maybe feel icky about it initially.

What Guys Said 1

• well.. if it was my daughter id choke slam the guy.. but.. i can't say much as im 30 and still date 18 and 19 year olds on occasion

What Girls Said 3

• I wouldn't let my daughter date a 23 year old. But you are a lowkey bad ass, so, your mom couldn't stop you if she wanted to.

• I'd make him nervous and scared and embarrass you because I'm your mom and I can do shit like that.

• Hopefully she's chill about it but even if she's not at first I'm sure she will warm up to the idea. If he treats you well that's all that matters :) just be relaxed when you introduce them and try to make them feel comfortable and not awkward around each other.