Is skating a boring date?

Not as a first date, but second, third, fourth, etc.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't want to go skating on a date, especially if it was a one on one type thing. If me and bunch of friends go that's one thing because then we can all laugh at each other falling everywhere but for a date I wouldn't want to. If you're gonna take me out take me out to dinner or to a nice a bar (like one with a dress code and comfortable seats, not the local dive), or take me to a game and take me out to eat before or after or during even! Invite me to your house to order in and watch a movie. All the 5th graders from my old school go ice skating on Friday nights and to the best of my knowledge they still do, don't take me somewhere where there's gonna be a bunch of 11 year olds running around...especially if you want to see me again.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't know how to skate, but if my date was willing to teach me, I think it would be fun. If she doesn't know how either it would be a good time to introduce her to something new as long as she's willing. And if she's willing to try hopefully she has a sense of humor and doesn't get all fussy and moody when she falls. Good music, food, not stuck in a seat...sounds like fun. Bring it up as a suggestion first and watch her expression, don't plan it without her if you're not sure if she'll like it.

• Personally, I love skating (roller skating that is and ice skating) I just love the wind in my hair and rolling around, I just love it, I havn't done it in years though, :( However a lot of girls aren't in to that type of thing, so I guess skating would be abit boring for some girls.

• Sure, it may be a bit boring for some girls, but if you've already been on a couple dates with them, they pretty much know who you are, so I'd think they wouldn't mind because they might think it'll be fun with you there and if they'd do, by that point, they'd probably suggest something else.

• Very true.

• It's not the event that makes it fun, it's the people you're with. So if you're an interesting enough date, it should be fine :)

• I want my boyfriend to take me skating but he doesn't want to becase he says he'll fall on his butt

Don't worry, I'll get him to take me if it's the last thing I do ;)

• skating is a good date I would be up for it

What Guys Said 5

• For non-skaters it is.

Not for skaters.

• lots of people skate here its not boring at all

• no, definitely not boring. that sounds like a great date. if you go skating a lot though, it might get boring after a while.

• Depends where you go and if you like skating I suppose. It's great because it can be very 'hands on' but like the other answered mentioned, it may be loud and crowded if you're in an arena doing a public skate. I've done skating dates outside on a large pond with nobody else around and it was great!

• I can only go by my experience. I don't know how it is where you live. I've gone Ice skating on early dates (even firsts). Only reason it works is if its not crowded then they won't be playing music too loud and you can still hear each other. Roller skating on the other hand the rink seems to always be crowded and always blasting music. It makes it quite hard to get to know someone.