Is it okay for a 16 y/o girl to date a 14 y/o guy?

So my family's long time friend has a son almost to years younger than me and he's really nice, funny, and cute. I'm going to be a sophomore and he will be a freshman at the same school. Would it be weird if we dated since I'm the oldest in my grade and he's one of the younger ones in his grade? Also is it weird to date a family friend?

Most Helpful Guy

• Since your under the age of majority I will keep this PG even though TV and social media probably have taken you to ADULT by now.

You're 16 it doesn't matter, he's not the forever one. Date have fun. Don't get pregnant. Follow your dreams and contribute to the world and yourself. Two years or 20 years who cares, when you're older this will be irrelevant. I've dated 18 years younger and been intimate with 20 years younger. Doesn't matter just don't get pregnant and you're all good.

Have fun and enjoy your youth you only get it once and after that it's real life! Game on.

Most Helpful Girl

• No it is not weird. As long as your not looking to make it serious and a sexual relationship. A two year difference is not a problem. But it needs to be addressed to both your parents if you two are interested in dating, so it won't be a problem when you are. Keep things to a minimum and innocent, and most of all, focus on school. Don't think about long term just yet until you both are actually ready. The more you indulge in the relationship in the wrong manner, the more it will effect your grades and your focus in school long term.

• Well I will never put a relationship before my education. I'm on track to be Valedictorian of my class.

What Guys Said 6

• Why not? You guys are under 18 and in high school and just two years apart. There nothing wrong with dating a family friend as well. If you guys like each other, then go for it! :)

• Why not , go ft it..., I did just that when I was your age ! Just be careful about pregnancy... Make him use condom always !!! ... No joke !!! Good luck to you 👍

• have seen it b4. girl was also 2 feet taller.
    didn't work out. but im not saying never

• Of course it's okay.

• No. That's pretty creepy. 14 isn't even the age of consent in most places and is far too young to start dating.

• I didn't say I was gonna fool around with him js. I am not even the age of consent in my state.

• We are only one grade apart.

• Two years is too large of a gap at your age.

• I have a feeling they don't even know what they're doing.

• Who? Me, him, or both of us?

• Both :P then again I'm basing that on my lack of social awareness at that age

• I have dated before haha. He hasn't since he was homeschooled...

What Girls Said 2

• If you have things in common with him and feel a spark then I say go for it :) It's not too much of a age gap if you think he's mature enough to date you. Just think about the future and whether you'll still be happy with it if you're 18 and he's 16 and such but granted you should live in the moment too. Just consider the consequences.

• Hmm yeah I think it's okay. That's only a 2 year difference, and if he's relatively mature for his age, then go for it. No big deal.