Should I be worried my boyfriend of 9 months still has feelings for his ex?

Last week my boyfriend and his friends met up with his ex and her friends as both their friends are dating. The group drank at bars together and then bought a hotel room together. My boyfriend and his exgirlfriend were in a hotel room together with their friends. Then, he walked her back to her apartment which is about a 45 minute walk from the hotel. Apparently they spoke to each other the entire time and caught up on life. They haven't spoken in over 6 months and they didn't know they would see each other that night either. Should I be worried he still has feelings for her? He also mentioned he doesn't want any bad blood with her and dated for 3 years.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him how you feel, and ask him directly. It's a reasonable question.

Most Helpful Girl

• How did he realistically not know? I find that hard to believe. But anyway; if he was honest about it to you and came clean then I wouldn't be worried. The worst is if they cover it up or hide it. Remember, he chose to be with you and not his ex. If he wanted her he wouldn't be with you. And if he hasn't given you any other reason to doubt him and your relationship then you also need to rest assured it's probably not what you are making it out to be. With that said, I feel like you should have been invited. My boyfriend always invites me out to things no matter what and I do the same vica versa. Even if I know I can't go, it's still expected in my relationship out of common courtesy.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 4

• I would be worried. There needs to be boundaries with ex's. Just hearing him having drinks at a bar, getting a hotel room with other friends, and hearing him taking her back to her apartment, does not sit well with me. Sure he doesn't want things to be left on bad terms, but you don't need him to walk her back to her place.

• Sometimes a relationship doesn't work out be people still want to be friends. I would say talk to him ask him about it, tell him how you feel. If he told you about this then that's a good sign.

• Yeah totally

• I would be worried too. I've had experience with this kind of situation where my boyfriend kept in contact with his ex and he would tell me, "oh she's just a psycho crazy bitch" and then later on to find out he would text her, "l miss you" "I love you" "when can I see you" bla bla bla. So yea, I would definitely not let it slide that he met up with his ex.