How do you know if someone is genuinely interested in you?

I hung out with a guy. We went bowling and his bet was if he won he gets to take me on a date. He won. But I asked to take him out next time. He says it's a date then. He was very nice. He held my purse for me, tied up my food after we ate and everything. Texted that he got home and said he really enjoyed my company. So I'm going out on my very first date. I've never been on one. Usually I just *hung* out with a guy. I'm nervous because I don't want to put all my eggs in a basket like I usually do. When I talk with a guy I focus on them. That's it. But people these days have so many options and I don't want it to be one sided. Usually that's how all mine turn out to be. I'm trying to stay low with this one but I don't know if he's genuine or not. Do you usually just go in blind with these things? I don't want to get my hopes up. I got burned a lot in the past with others. This one seems too good to be true.

• You go in blindly
  • He's definitely interested

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't. You never really do.

• So there's never really an answer then. Interesting. Thank you for your answer

Most Helpful Girl

• He sounds like he likes you.

Adding to this, if the guy you’re talking to starts saying things like ''we should check that out,'' or we need to try that one day soon,'' it shows that he acknowledges that there’s something between you two, for both of you to be considered as one entity.

As mentioned in the last point, if he says things like ''you should check that out'' he’s categorizing you as an individual entity, whereas ''we'' signifies a couple.

Wishing you the best of luck.

• Thank you. Yes he does foreshadow a lot of events but he's very sociable. He knows a lot of people. So I just took it as he does that a lot with people. He wants me to meet his friends as well. Invites me to hangout with them a lot. So I don't know if that's just a she's cool buddy vibe too.

What Guys Said 1

• Go in blindly. I did

What Girls Said 1

• He seems to be interested but you know guys right? Besides it's always good to keep a clean view of things. Don't go in thinking that if he interested it's fucking on and he's hooked or something like that. Keep your cool

• That's opposite of what I'm thinking. I never had a guy seem like he's digging me. So I get suspicious and think he only wants one thing. So that's why I'm over analyzing. We are going on a date. I've never gone this far with a guy before. Usually they just hang out with me and then disappear.

• Nope you're right. I just overthink because I got played super bad 3 months ago. So I dont want to go through that again. I'm going to go slow though. I will thanks!

• Good luck! Don't let what happened screw thing now. Past is in the past right? ;)