Is it weird getting dropped off/picked up by my dad on a date?

So, I do have my driver's license, but the thing is, my parents don't let me drive down into the city late at night. This guy asked me out on a date downtown and it's either I can't go or I have to have my parents drop me off. (I'm 18 btw). Is it sort of weird or embarrassing that I have to have my dad drop me off?

Most Helpful Guy

• tell the dude to come pick you up.

• this is what you do. you tell the guy to pick you up and drop you off. but you also tell your dad that you might need a ride home if he's a creep. boom problem solved.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, not 'Sort of weird or embarrassing.'
    All you have to do is tell whoever that your Parents want to make Sure that you are Safe and Sound. If he likes you, he will see that it is Instead a Family of Love from Above, and if he were in their Shoes, do the Same.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 10

• Not really at 18 years old. I can understand that you feel embarrassed about it. But don't worry about it too much.

Or you could have your date pick you up.

• No you're young still so it's not weird. If you was like 30 then maybe.

• Do you have your own car?

• You are 18

• Yeah

• I would find it funny but it's no big deal. You can always ask your guy to pick you up.

• Not at that age

• No that's cute

• Yeah, it is weird. I know it's kinda off topic, but you are an adult now and your parents have no right to tell you what you can and can't do anymore.

• Unless she is living under their roof, driving their car, eating their food and wants them to support her through college. If you and her had a problem with living by your parents rules you are to move out.

• You're 18, you're entering adulthood. Your parents need to realize they can't do this forever and eventually you're going to be going into the city alone.

What Girls Said 12

• there's is nothing weird about having a protective father.. I wish I had a father you would show me that much love

• It can be embarrassing if you see it that way, I mean you're 18 so parents are cringey at your age but tbh it's pretty safe for your dad to pick you up, you know you'll be taken home safely. Nothing wrong with it. I'd let my dad do that for me now and I'm 26 and I'm really independent. It's a free ride and I know I'd be home safe, sounds good to me!

• I mean you can always get dropped off a couple shops down and your date will never know.

• yes it is weird but out of your control if you live under their roof and drive a car they have paid for.

• I think that's a little much. That's not being protective, it's sounds obsessive to me. But lots of people share cars with their families, so it's not weird at all.

• My brother is my dad and he's my third wheel so I don't really have a choice. And my bro/dad is so overprotective every time I go on a date he says to the guy I'm going with: whatever u do to her, ima do to u! I'm like what if we have sex? But I guess that's his way of making sure that when I come home my virginity comes back with me.

• Kind of cuz he can't kiss you goodnight i guess lmao. can you have him pick you up? Also you're 18 your parents really can't control you like that anymore so if you really want to you can take a bus or something I don't know

• If it bothers u so much just call a cab

• Yes It's kind of weird

• You're overthinking it, girl! It's no big deal, don't worry. I'm pretty sure he would not mind at all.

• I think it's a little odd but shouldn't be a deal breaker for the guy. If it bothers him that much then I wouldn't think he's worth it.

Would there be any chance the guy could pick you up and drop you off himself?

• Not when you're 18, but eventually it will be.