What's a good way to ask a guy out without freaking him out?

The guy in question and I haven't known each other that long (only a few weeks), but we get along really well and there's definitely some kind of chemistry/sexual tension. My question is how to ask him to go out with me in a subtle but unmistakeable way that says that I'm interested in potentially being more than just friends. We usually hang out in a group; the other time I tried to make "just him and me" plans, he ended up inviting another girl to tag along (she has a boyfriend), so I think he's using her as a buffer. I'm really shy and he kind of is too, so I think he's also worried about scaring me by coming on too strong. I know he likes me, I just don't know how much and I don't want to ruin the friendship, but I also really want to go out with him. Just to see. I think the title says it all, but I need advice!

Most Helpful Guy

• Go to the beach with him. Or a waterpark (if your not close to the beach), in a group again. If there is sexual tension there he will definitely be feeling it then. And the thing about guys is that we get aroused really easily and really quickly so once he sees you wearing almost nothing, he's going to be real susceptible to "changes in your friendship". Some signs would be that he is really touchy or always looking at you. A good way to tell in this situation is to ask to take a pic with him and see where his hands go. They shouldn't be on your ass but i guess that wouldn't be a bad thing but if there holding you on your sides or hips tightly then thats a sign. Good luck!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask him if he'd like to do something, don't mention anyone else, or get tickets the museum or a show so that way it's literally only two people that you got tickets for etc.

What Guys Said 4

• "Would you like to go out with me?"

• I wouldn't ask him out, show him you're interested and let him ask you out. When you talk to him place your hand on his arm or shoulder or chest while looking him in the eyes, smile a lot, then he'll know you're interested and if he is also he will make a move or something, and if he's not nothing is ruined because you didn't technically say anything about it.

• I would be straight and to the point ask him to hang out and suggest an activity.

• just be like ''you wanna hang out sometime?''.

i honestly don't see what so complicated.

What Girls Said 0