Why do people still think fat girls can't get attractive guys?

Many of the fat girls I know always get attractive guys.
I'm physically fit and what some might consider conventionally beautiful (aka boring) and trust me I have had guys ignore me for my full figured friends. My friends are very cute and put together with nice personalities though.

I also have overweight roommates and when I first moved in my brother told me I don't have to worry about there being a lot of guys coming over but really there's always guys over, many of them good looking.

It doesn't matter if a girl is overweight. If she is at least somewhat pretty with a fun personality guys will like her.

And also the misconception that a thin girl would hang out with fat girls to make herself look better needs to be buried. I don't know of any girl who chooses friends for that reason but I have been accused of doing that. In my case it doesn't even matter because my friends attract more guys than I do (which I'm perfectly fine with because I don't like a lot of attention in the first place).

Most Helpful Guy

• Agreed.

Plus, not everyone wants to aim for what society deems is the best of the best.

Plenty of "hot" women will be ignored because guys will assume she is taken if her status isn't known yet or that she'll be high maintenance or have some sort of princess syndrome.

• Or some people just prefer a larger woman than thin, that doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with the thinner girl just because a guy likes the bigger girl.

• I'm aware.

I'm sure statistically, most guys would choose the more in shape of two options more often than not. This is all played out in real life.

However, to anyone that assumes that overweight people of either gender simply get absolutely no attention from the opposite sex is of course unrealistic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Beauty is only Skin deep here, dear..
    Personality above All, says my Wall, Highlights and Delights.
    A person can be the most Beautiful girl, guy, in the World, but without This, it's Just... Skin within.
    I agree with you about 'If a girl is overweight.' And if a guy may See Something else that Someone else doesn't, it's Unconditional Love at its Best from the Rest.
    Thin is in, but too, Fat is where it's At.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 17

• Might be an over extension of your theory - I don't see any reason why girl can't get any guy - It depends on the connection and chemistry the pair have not what type they are.

• because typically fat people aren't that attractive an when we are we have a nice face or a really charming personality, most people don't find overweight people attractive.

• Fat chicks are *GENERALLY* easier, because it's not like they have a lot of options. Men with self respect would only fuck a fat chick if they were getting a huge paycheck out of the deal.

• The fat girls I know have more options than many of the skinny girls I know.

• Some guys like fat chicks
    Some guys like thin girls
    Some guys like short chicks
    Some guys like tall chicks.

You get the point. Everyone has different tastes per see. Its like BBQ sauce one one side you have people like me who love sweet baby rays. Then you got other people who like the Kraft stuff. Still BBQ just different taste.

Still women just different shapes.

• It depends on the guy; the issue could be that guys assume you are already taken

• Fat chicks put out with no effort involved.

• I don't believe that for one second.
      Promiscuous girls put out with no effort involved and those come in all shapes and sizes.

• True. But fat ones tend to gravitate more towards promiscuous than thinner ones. As a general rule, not hard and fast.

• that's not what I have observed

• Personality matters! Your body and figure might not be the boring/offputting part! Try to smile and laugh more around these guys.

• I never said my body was off putting. I like my body just fine.
      This is less about me and more about the misconceptions.

• Also, you're the the one who made the parenthetical comment about your body being "boring" in your original post! Perhaps that's where the confusion comes from.

• That was an exaggeration. By boring I mean ordinary.

• there is no doubt about that happening. it´s just not as likely as fit, handsome girls getting a fit, handsome guy.

• Maybe I live in some strange microcosm but they are from what I have been seeing.
      I don't see it as a bad thing.

• No it's of course not bad

• "It doesn't matter if a girl is overweight. If she is at least somewhat pretty with a fun personality guys will like her."

speak for yourself.

• I don't. But those fat girls are usually used because of low self esteem.

• My friends are cocky as hell. They have good self esteem.

• Trust me they do not have low self esteem. I struggle with that more than them really. Not saying I have low self esteem but theirs is higher. I don't think self esteem is connected to weight.

• It can be. If they have many sexual partners, then they have low self esteem.

• Because those people are stuck on medias standard of beauty.

• they hold less right to.

• They can't, if a girl is what she can't get a dude

• Who thinks this?

• A lot people on this site and online and people I know in person, especially guys

• Fat girls on only get cellulite and diabetes.

• I'm skinny with cellulite on the back of my upper thighs.

• well no need to deny the truth

• You must be very sensitive if that makes you sick :o feel sorry for you mate :/

Seriously though, you'll stay virgin if you think no girl has got cellulites, we all have at least a little in some positions

• Any girls can fuck guys who are out of their dating league.

• Generally they're easier. Skinny women are more selective

• Many of the guys they attract are attractive and have lots of options

• But sometimes you need something easy

What Girls Said 3

• It is just a misconception perceived by people who are seemingly fat themselves but loathes fat people to a disgust.

• it's their preference... just like how you are attracted certain guys; those guys are attracted to certain women.

• I know... but that wasn't my question.

• Any girl should get any guy she wants.