Is "he's just not in to you" accurate?

I feel like this statement has made me kind of paranoid when dating. The movie came out, and now every dating advice for women if they're in any sort of confusing situation with a guy is "he's just not that in to you", plain and simple, there's never an in between apparently...
So every time a doesn't contact me for a day or does something that confuses me and makes me wonder what they feel, I can't help but jump to the conclusion that they probably don't like me. It's hard for me to say if this is accurate, since it's only been accurate in all of my past relationships... but obviously none of those worked out, since they all ended... lol
What do y'all think of this whole statement, or should I say, phenomenon?

What Guys Said 1

• I've watched the movie probably 5 times and it seems pretty close to what i do and what I've seen in real life. If i want a girl then i go after her. With that said i don't want to seem creepy so i might wait a day or two to respond but normally when i do respond, the girl knows very well that I'm interested or not.

What Girls Said 2

• People tend to use that statement if one person is putting more effort into the relationship than the other. It really means he doesn't like you as much as you like him.

The problem, is some people may not seem show as much interest as you or they may not display their love in the same way as you do, but it doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have to give.

I guess in the end you have to decide what you want and expect from a guy.

• It's not true. Guys get just as confused about situations as girls