Would you be down to learn how to surf on a first date?

I have a beach pad for two weeks right now. Been teaching a girl all week that has been staying at my place on and off and she loves it. I met this other girl in my summer class.

She said she goes to the beach a lot but doesn't surf because she is too unathletic even though she looks like she's in great shape lol. We are hanging out tomorrow after class for the first time.. She doesn't know what I got planned though lol. Would you be down to learn if you got surprised like that?

I went back to my house and got a long board to make learning a bit easier.

• I'd surf with you
  • Nah.. I'd pass. Bad idea

Most Helpful Girl

• lol, being a beach bum since birth, i'd say I'm totally down.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am confident I can surf, just never tried it in real waters :p

What Girls Said 24

• It's only a bad idea if the girl can't swim or if she got glammed up for a date and didn't know you were going surfing.

• Sounds nice actually

• I d love it!! Fucking love those type of activities
    But lol my balance capability sucks bad 😅😅

• That sounds fabulous. What a lucky gal.

• I love the idea! And honestly, if she's not into it, then maybe she's not the girl for you?

• Vote B. I already surf, not very well, but don't like long first dates.

• Nope I'm scared of the ocean

• Lol you pussy. why?

• Yes I don't care to admit I'm a pussy... at least I won't get eaten by a shark. I'm scared of the ocean because the thought of stuff swimming under me is creepy. Plus my brother used to make me watch scary ocean movies when he'd babysit.

• Yes! Let's goooo

• yes... totally

• i'd surf yayyy

• I think it's a good idea but some high maintenance girls might not like it

• In the end they end feeling alright with it. It's always something new they do in their life.

• I can't swim so that would be problematic.

• Damn right I would! I ended up missing my chance to surf when I went to hawaii

• It isn't a bad idea, but I am not interested in surfing. Keep it up if it is enjoyable for both of you though.

• i think its an awesome idea, it would depend a lot on the type of girl she is though. i persoally love it when i guy teaches me how to do stuff, especially when he's good at it himself. id probably gie her a heads up though lol

• I would totally surf with you. But I also like to try new things and I am athletic. Your should try to hint tonight.. If you text. Make sure that she likes to try new things.

Even if she doesn't want to surf you guys can still have fun chilling at the beach.

• That would be well fun

• yay it would be great. Just don't forget to tell her to bring a bikini

• That would be awesome. I've always wanted to learn how to surf.

• I'll try it out, but no promises of getting out alive😂

• supeeer! thats sweet if that happens on my first date :D

• I like you, you ask interesting questions you have a nice body and a cute butt..

• Well since I really really want to try surfing, definitely.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 10

• Seems like a pretty good idea, I'd phrase it so it doesn't sound like "this is what we're doing" because not athletic is clearly some excuse haha. If she doesn't want to then she doesn't feel forced into it, have a shitty time etc. I'm sure most girls would enjoy it though, definitely more exciting than a dinner/movie!

• I'd clearly bring her to the beach house, and give her the option of trying to surf. If she isn't interested there's lots of other things to do on the beach. I would have definitely been interested in that situation.

• If a girl were teaching me, yes.

• I'd surf with you #nohomo

• I would probably just drown

• Sounds like a prospect bro-beans good job, now the real question is if she gon be a girlfriend

• i like how all these dudes are ready to make you their bottom bitch. personally i hate the water, and swimming. i think i might have rabies.

• I bet she will like it.

• I already know how to surf stud muffin...

• Hold my hand, please.