How fast do you become exclusive?

I had four dates in three weeks and he hasn't asked to make it exclusive yet. We only made out no sex. We talk daily but I'm getting scared. How long should I give it?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you want... if you are asking now, it means it might be time to pop the question. Find out where you stand.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. Do you want to be exclusive already? Does he?
    It's a good idea to talk about it either way, so you both know where the other stands.

I have a slightly similar question. I went on a date with an introverted guy, we didn't do as much as kissing, we only walked and talked. We also have a common friend group and meet up about once a week. He keeps flirting with me, but I have feelings for someone else who Im dating now in secret, who is also in that group and who I can't become exclusive with since he's polyamourous. How do I tell the first guy what happened without hurting him too much?

What Guys Said 5

• Well I'm not sure about him but I usually wait until I'm ready to say those three little words before I make things 100% exclusive. All and all I suggest you talk to him about it.

• Are you one of the girls who assumes everything has to be verbally confirmed? Maybe he hasn't said so because he just assumes it is exclusive.

• I don't move fast. Maybe after a year or so of really feeling things out, etc.

• He should have said something on the third date. Bring it up to him.

• Instantly.

What Girls Said 1

• If I like someone, from the first date, otherwise there's no second date. I tried dating multiple people this year but couldn't do it.