I feel worthless?

I feel like i ruined my life. I was recently diagnosed with depression. I just feel i handled my life the wrong way and now i am stuck. I am twentyfour and wasted my teens sitting at home, well half of my teens i was sick and had to wear a brace for 5 years or so... when i was 17 i was supposed to enjoy life but i all of a sudden fell into a depression and when i was 20 went back to school and i trief having fun dating around but now at 24 i keep falling into a depression... again. Its like i can't enjoy life anymore. I feel like someone robbed me of life and i wish i would have been enjoyed life more... i could have been somewhere else with my life... somewhere amazing and could have had a lot.. i still live at home and for a year i have been doubtin to move out... i feel like... I live with my mother but i dont know... i feel old and i might as well waste the other 6 years too... i made the wrong decisions and now... oh well i lived an emty life, no friends, never had a boyfriend, sex i couldnt even do... like what was my life worth?

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to think depression is bullshit but I've been going through it. On and off as well. I wasn't diagnosed but did online research about it. I spoke about it a lot to a lot of people, I'm really open and honest! I also never really had a girlfriend nor have I had sex. Those 2 things however are total bullshit to worry about. That's what I know but sometimes when I think about them I also feel bad. I am however starting to feel better. Just talk about it more and tell yourself that the things you worry about are total bullshit! :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• aw that's so sad, but it gets better just get up and make something of yourself, 26 is still young you've still got so much going, I know depression is hard and I've had it im 16 and I couldn't be happier than what I am today because I told myself im worth more than that and so are you, talking helps open yourself up to your family and get out there and trust me you'll make so many friends, you deserve a happy life xxx

What Guys Said 6

• Does your mom luft you up or is she depressed as well? Is there a father?

Do you eat a good diet? My guess is you eat a lot of sugar. Food makes a big diff in hiw u feel. These things are vicious circles... bbut good news is you can get out of it.

Why do u think you are getting depressed?

• A few other thoughts:
      I have two friends as references. one was in a wheel chair for 3 years after hurting his back... was in pain all the time and on drugs. He lost 3 years of his life. he finally got surgery and was able , to work, go fishing, and do the things he enjoys.

Another friend developed parkinsons years ago and has been unable to do a lot of things for 10+ years. she used to ride a bicycle 50 miles, last year she was using a walker. She started working on herself and now she's riding a bicycle again. She lost a big chunk of 10 years, but she still has many years left and now she is able to do what she wants.

Two examples... stuff happens and people make mistakes. The best thing you can do is take resposnibility for what you can control, and what choices you made. Accept them, take all the positives/learnings about yourself and others and move forward. You are getting an education that could not be learned in 4yrs of college. that can be used to help others.

• Should write those things down, go out, and frickin do them. I've been diagnosed with depression too, but i drink over mine so i still get to do those things... keep the depression away.

• I don't have heavy depression, though I feel I understand it. But I assure you, absolutely everyone is very special and worth the same!

• You have NO IDEA how precious your life is. It's extremely difficult to even recreate a smallest part of a human body, and yet, you are born with all those. More importantly, you have a unique personality that nobody else in the world has. Literally, you are the only one out of 7 billion people around the world. There is no other person like you! You are very very special honey

• Why do you feel depressed? And why do you again feel that way again at 24?

• Your life's worth lies in what you choose to do today not what you didn't do yesterday.

What Girls Said 0