Why do people talk bad about their exes?

Regardless of who broke up with who, why would someone talk really bad about their ex? Almost as if they border line hate them? It seems as if one is over the break up then move on. Whats the sense in talking poorly about who you were with?

Most Helpful Guy

• My first ex took the $57,000 in our bank account we were saving to build a cabin on a river and spent it on cocaine and partying with her boyfriend.

My second ex, who did not work, legally took almost all the money from the sale of our $131,000 house when it sold. Long story.

My attitude on how I feel and remember both of my ex's is over their greedy love for money. Both times it financially devastated me.

Once the money is gone the memory still remains. I have no idea how these women sleep at night.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you broke up for a reason sometimes because someone cheated, someone was abusive, was a criminal, a douchebag, it could be anything. I only talk bad about some of my exes, the bad ones if someone else brings them up. I dont have time to think or worry about the asshats I've dated.

What Guys Said 8

• while I'm normally agreeing with the statement that bad mouthing a ex is stupid (especially over petty shit ) things like what the other guy explained or being cheated on, are perfect reasons to Harbor hate for a ex

• I would assume it helps get over them if your mind sees them in a bad light. Makes you regret the break up less, if you can feel glad that you're not together anymore.

• People like to complain and focus on the bad times, one of my exes used me and tore me heart but she was still a pretty good person despite that and there was still good times we had but i dont hate her for how it ended, that wouldn't be right if i did

• Because they clearly didn't care about them enough.

• Because they sucked

• Who knows

• they hate them

• First: In most cases relationships end for some reasons/fighting. Relationships also contain much emotions.
    Second: For some people this way it is easier to get over the break up.

What Girls Said 4

• While I am indifferent to my ex now and don't typically bad mouth anyone, my ex used to beat the crap out of me, on a regular basis etc and then would try and make it my fault. So yes. If he gets brought up in conversation or my new partner ever asks about him, I am not going to say nice things.

• Because they are still bitter about the relationship and what happened during the relationship. It's worse if it was a sexual relationship and they gave everything up to their ex's. They feel they are un-deservering of it, but in my opinion they have no right to complain if what they did was their own choice. Nobody can't force you to do something you don't want to do. It takes two to tango. Forgive, learn from your mistakes, and move on.

• My ex hurt me emotionally, so I can talk shit about him if I want to. He sort of destroyed my faith in love or ever loving someone ever again. Poor sap that ends up with me.

• Ask someone that's divorced. Apparently it's pretty common.