When a girl says to you: I only see you as a friend.. where did the guy went wrong?

I just want to know? Hypothetically

he was not brave enough?
Not goodlooking enough?
Not confident enough
he behaved more like a friend?
Not popular enough?
All the above?

Good responses
Good responses

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually it means he is a nice guy but the spark or excitment isn't there - for me it is none of the things you have listed. What I have noticed is it tends to be a lack of sexual tension that is often created by flirting or playfulness between you.

• Flirt and playfulness, got it

Most Helpful Guy

• Dating is based on perceived value system. Unless a guy is ridiculously better than a girl (has way more money than her for example, or better looking) most women will size you up to determine if you are below or better than them. Women are hyperglycemia and it's ingrained in their DNA to only want to get with men who are better than them.

A woman will do something called shit test to see if you are lower value than them whether they are aware or not. They will do things they no are wrong just to see if you'll call them out on their shitty behavior. They will disrespect you and see if you call them out on it.

And doing nice things for them before sex will only make their pussy dry up rather than give attraction. Women perceive niceness from a man they are unsure about as him pandering up to her for sex/relationship which women perceive means she is more valuable and u are basically trying to bargain with her to give you a chance.

While a guy who doesn't do nice things for her or go out of his way to do nice things for he is considered her equal and might be given a chance. A man who treats her like she is beneath him will be perceived as higher value than her and therefore she will sleep with him. It's one the reasons assholes do so well. They don't give a fuck about the girl and see her as beneath her. This type of attitude excites the female brain.

Think about sex. Most of the time the woman is in submissive position. Women will only submit to a man who is better than them.

• For fuck sakes autcorrect.

* Women are hypergamous and it's ingrained in their DNA to only want to get with men who are better than them

• I'll try this next time

• @WillowTree what do you suggrest?

What Girls Said 3

• He didn't go wrong.

What people need to understand is that just because you have a penis and they have a vagina DOESN'T mean that they're automatically going to go together.

PEOPLE NEED FRIENDS AND LIKE IT OR NOT YOU GET TO BE THEIR FRIEND AND THAT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE GO AHEAD TO STICK YOUR DICK SOMEWHERE.

• It just means she doesn't like you. Move on instead of dwelling over it.

• Honest... all of those reasons pretty much.

• then what would it take for a guy to be seen more than a friend?

What Guys Said 2

• Didn't attract her on that kind of instinctive level.

Qualities like being kind and genuine and just being yourself and what a lot of people on paper for a partner. But it's usually not what actually makes them see someone in a sexual light.

Changes to his behavior might not work. Some girls just aren't attracted to a certain guy.

However, if there are some changes to behavior to improve the odds of being seen in a sexual light, one of the key ones is confidence. That doesn't mean boldly asking her out. I think the easiest definition of confidence is not really wanting the girl that much. Like gay guys have a ton of "confidence". Players have it because they're just looking for sex and can bounce from one girl to the next. Married guys have it because we're unavailable. For guys prone to falling for girls, I recommend asking them out before they do.

Then of course being popular helps, well-liked among all types of friends (mixed age groups, genders), charismatic, suave, good-looking, muscular.

Being dominant also usually helps. Blast up the masculinity.

Oh and don't put the girl on a pedestal. Don't act like you're so lucky to have her attention. She should also be lucky to have yours (confidence again).

• Very good response I'm learning a lot from what you've said.

It comes down to confidence I see

• Totally depends on the situation. In the cases where I've been friendzoned, it was because I tried to help a girl through a breakup and bam, friendzoned. I just avoid them during breakups now.