Guys, Is sex that really important for you in order to be in a relationship?

I am quite surprised how guys let amazing girls go away just because they (girls) refuse to have sex with them the first three days or two weeks. If a girl is intelligent, funny, good looking and in general entertaining person, why a guy would dump her just because she asks to be patient regarding sex? I just want to know, all of you guys are putting so much weight in sex that you prefer to let good girls go instead of wait until they feel comfortable? Like there's nothing else in a relationship besides sex? Other details don't count?

I'm really curious. Hope you can be honest.

12

Most Helpful Guy

• It's funny that you think men are "putting so much weight in sex". If sex really doesn't matter to women so much, then this whole problem could be solved by having a non-monogamous relationship until the woman ready to have sex.

The truth is, girls who are not ready for sex are, by definition, not ready for relationships. It's as simple as that.

• I'm talking about wheh a guy insisted in starting a relationship, knowing perfectly what was her position about sex. She asked him to be patience (some of them are virgins, some have hard time feeling comfortable being naked with guys, all girls have different reasons, you can't really push them), she was clear that it would take some time (about 2-3 months at least) and he agrees completely. But then surprise surprise, he leaves her after only month and half because he can't keep it that way.

In these cases, if a guy can't, don't make her believe that you will wait. Then just don't date her, why even bother?

• The guy is entitled to change his mind. Perhaps he goes into it giving her the full benefit of the doubt that she is worth waiting for - only for her to prove him wrong within the first month and a half.

What Guys Said 11

• I can't speak for other guys, but for me specifically, sex is not a priority. I'm willing to wait as long as she wants me to, if we are compatible in other ways.

• I wouldn't want to have sex with her in the first days either but it would have to be a must at some point. The sooner the better but not too soon.

• To me, sex takes a backseat to personal and intellectual intimacy. I'm fine with waiting until she's comfortable and ready. Well, as long as it's within a reasonable amount of time (like two or three months). After too long I'd be concerned about the state of our relationship.

Guys who break off a relationship because they can't wait a few weeks are probably doing the girl a favor.

• Exactly as you say, about two-three months. Especially when she ask patience, not like she's playing with a guy making him horny for nothing.

• 3 weeks? ? Wow where did patience and "the chace" go?

• Can't procreate without it!

• Because if you can wait that long, then it means you don't care about sex in general.

There's also the likelihood that you would have sex with another man instantly.

Why should I wait for someone who's not interested in me?

• So for you 2-3 months is too long. When there are couples who resist, to say in some way, even year o years without it. There are makeouts of course, but not the actual sex.

• No thanks. I have no desire to wait any longer than a day.

• I wouldn't mind waiting awhile to have sex if I liked the girl but some guys are really impatient

• Sex is the goal for most relationships. Some of those relationships evolve into love. But if a girl doesn't want to have sex then she's is wasting my time and time is short.

• Sex is a huge part to me if the sex is bad then it just won't work out in my opinion. But I don't mind waiting for it I actually I prefer it. the longer you wait the stronger the desire is and it's nice to be comfortable around them

• I'm demisexual. No.

• well yeah.. i mean im not just after her pussy, but id say that sex is important for most people

• I'm not saying sex is not important. But is that important that you can't wait some time before she feels comfortable with you? like a relationship is only sex? She can't be important to you before it (sex I mean)?

• oh,, i thought you were describing an asexual relationship... that would be a no go for me,,,, as far as waiting until she's comfortable, ABSOLUTELY!! As long as she needs.. I've been through that already and i gave her all the time that she needed