A friend of mine suffers from depression?

A friend of mine who is 24 suffers from depression, she has been that way all her life, she never had a boyfriend, she keeps pushing people away and is simply apathetic towards life, when i see her it breaks my heart cause she is so stunningly beautiful, she sits in her room most days and lives with her mom who is also depressed, i dont know how to help her and tried everythin, g, i feel like she is missing out on life and everything in it... or that she will be so behind that she won't be able to take care of herself... i feel like... how can someone be this beautiful and be so depressed? she never had sex, or even a boyfriend, she pushes guys away and most men just called her ''lazy'' or ''arrogant''... she does go to school

Most Helpful Guy

• I think I can relate to her situation, at least somewhat. I've been mildly to moderately depressed since I was about 12. Looks definitely don't make a difference. I'm not bad looking and I've had many of the same issues you describe her as having.

Chronic depression shapes a lot of your life experiences, especially social experiences. It saps your motivation to do much of anything, because the interest just isn't there.

Depression is tough to address. I don't know if you already do, but maybe invite her to do stuff? People with depression aren't likely to make changes to their habits without prompting. It's usually easier to just stick to the familiar.

Most Helpful Girl

• Exercise and physical activity are the best remedies for depression. When I was younger I was skinny and awkward, and I got very down about a lot of things, especially my appearance. Fortunately my mom is really into fitness and hired a good coach to get me into working out and being active. It totally changed my life. When I saw the changes in my body and started getting fitter, my self-esteem increased dramatically. More importantly, I stopped brooding about my looks and took control of my life. So I suggest that you try to help your friend get into fitness and being active. There's nothing better for your mental state.

What Guys Said 3

• Depression is so serious disease.. Noone can understand u even including doctors.. Only the people can know it who suffers by depression. I had major attacked few times so believe me whenever u have it, death would be reward for u

• if she really is stunningly beautiful like u say then i'd pound her ;)

• What makes her depressed? I assume its deep, maybe cause of family issues since she lives woth her mom. Sounds like not a complete family

What Girls Said 4

• how can someone be this beautiful and be so depressed?

people say this to me. Even tho I say bullshit cuz I'm just an ugly piece of shit who will never find love

• Maybe it will occur to her that one day she could be 'normal' and will seak help. You could try and get her to a psychiatrist or you could try talking to her first. Although the person has to want to change her situation for it to work.

• There's got to be a reason behind it. No one just gets depressed for nothing.

• 'how can she be depressed'? see, thats the mindset about yourself that you should change... trust me, i have depression and having friends with minds like that is frustrating