Tips for dating an independent girl who doesn't text much?

Been on four dates with a girl who has a lot going on with work and other things. All of our dates have been great so far, but her lack of texting throws me off. She sometimes will text back a day later, but it's usually a pretty long response. It sometimes comes off as lack of interest to me even though she has obviously gone on four dates with me thus far. Any tips for dealing with an independent girl like this?

What Girls Said 3

• Not texting much has nothing to do with being 'independent'. Texting has much more to do with their general style, or how interested/not interested they are.

Next time you see her, mention that you'd appreciate if she stepped up on her texting game. That you'd appreciate if she texted back sooner so that you wouldn't be waiting on her all day (in a joking way, obviously, but still make a point of calling her on it.)

• It could be several things. She may just be introverted and it independent or she could hate texting, etc. I personally hate texting (I know, I'm a failure of a teenager XD) I'd rather see someone face to face or speak on the phone. I'd say, just let things continue as they are but if the lack of responses do continue to bother you, try asking why it takes so long for her to respond. If she really likes you, she shouldn't be offended by the question.

• So funny as I am going through the same thing. The way I see it is if someone likes you they will show you. As actions are louder than words, but it’s only been 4 dates so just give it some time maybe she needs more time to consider you serious or to actually see if she likes you. Keep busy and little by little don’t text her as much or reply as fast.

What Guys Said 0