Would you break up with someone who cheated on their ex?

So, I've been dating this guy online for over 2 years. We have intentions to meet up very soon and visit in person (we would have sooner but we're both medical students and our schedules are hectic.) We stay in touch over text and Skype. We click on a very deep level and we have a lot in common and understand each other well. He's the first person I've cared about on this level of compassion. He's 25 and I'm 21, if that helps anything. Well, yesterday, his ex contacted both of us and rehashed how he hurt her by cheating on her. This was over 3 years ago. I still love him and I feel like this was something that I needed to know - he wouldn't have told me most likely in fear that I'd leave. I know he's being loyal to me. We trust each other. Is this something that I should end it over? I feel like it's not, but I also feel like I could be blinded since I am in love with him. Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I would. Cheating is something I would never tolerate. And if a person had done it before, that means they are capable of doing it again.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I firmly believe that people can change, whether it's because they've matured, or met the right person, or really feel remorseful from that mistake in their past. If you want to, you can talk to him about it, ask whatever questions you need to reassure yourself, he should be open to talking at least, but I don't think this is something to leave him over. 3 years is a long time and a lot of things change so I'm more than willing to give him a chance on this one.

• Yeah, that's what I feel like too. He's changed a lot in the time that I know him and I think a lot of it has to do with meeting the right person. He does regret it a lot and said that he deserved everything that he got out of it but I feel like his ex just wants to hurt him now years later now that he's finally content and happy. :/ I appreciate your answer, it has a lot of helpful info in it rather than just yes or no

• You're welcome! If that's what your gut is trying to tell you, then you might be right and she's the problem, not him.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes! He's a bad man! Etc

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know if you should end it, especially since it happened in the past and you may not know the full reason as to why he cheated, but I would definitely be a lot more cautious