Can distance affect love?

a very verryyyy close person to my heart ( a boy ) is going to study abroad and i think that we love each other ! he told me that he loves me several times ago ! he said that he didn't love someone as much as me in his whole life ( and i do as well ) but i'm always feeling as if he is considering me as a bestfriend no more ! i have the feeling that he will meet other friends since we will never be able to meet frequently ! i'm really worried that he forgets about me or the feeling he has for me get colder and colder :( i'm the closest person to him and he is for me as well ! i'm afraid that he meets another girl ( more beautiful than me maybe ) and falls in love with her ! ( boys love looking for hotties usually )
i'm just so worried !! he is everything i have in this life and the one i can trust !
i gave him everything i have !! EVERYTHING show him how much i love and care about him stand by him in the tough moments and understands him the most ! but i always feel like i'm not enough and i will be replaced :(
what do you think guys? i really need your help

Most Helpful Guy

• it can test love to see if its true or not

Most Helpful Girl

• Distance is tough. People grow independent of each other, start doing new things and meeting new people.

Some find their way back home to each other and some don't. You just have to have faith that what he feels for you is strong enough to continue... be mindful that he too may have the same feelings about you finding someone else..

What Guys Said 2

• Absence and distance DOES make the heart grow fonder: How couples in long-distance relationships experience more intimacy and satisfaction. Some say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and new research suggests that this might just be the case.

• Long distance hardly, if ever, works. So don't pin your hopes on this too much.

• I have been in two long distance relationships. One with a woman from Naples, FL (six years) and the last relationship I was in was with a woman from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Canada (1.5 years).
      They can work if both really want them to.

• @AlphaMale1

Yes, they CAN work, but both partners need to put in lots of extra efforts. And lack of physical intimacy, and not even able to meet and go on dates frequently, is not really worth it in my opinion.

• My situation with the Florida woman was a bit unusual. She retired from an airline and could fly most anywhere for around the cost of lunch. She would fly up here and spend a week with me several times. She had a cleaning business and could take a week off when she wanted. The only reason we are not together today is southern Florida is hot and very humid many months of the year. She would not move here as she does like winters.

The Canadian gal moved here on a visitor's visa. She was only supposed to stay for no more than six months. She stayed 18 months. I was harboring an illegal alien. I sent her back to her home country.

Long distance relationships are unique. They take nonstandard means to make them work. Because it takes so much more to be together I believe both will work harder to make it work.

What Girls Said 4

• Only if one person is not that invested or interested already…

• sure it does

• Distance, that's the reason why my crush stop talking to me. I'm moving. So yes it affects me.:(

• i'm really sorry for you :-(

• Well from your question I quite didn't understand, so you're currently friends but you want something more with him but it isn't corresponded?

• yes as if we are more than friends but we are not officially dating !!