Age difference issues?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for over a year now. We Started dating when i was 18 and and i'll be 20 in a few weeks. My boyfriend just turned 30. I'm Having a really Hard time dealing With Family and Friends Judging our relationship. I've even had strangers tell me How "inappropriate" our relationship is. My Parents Have No issue with us Dating. they actually like him a lot. Some of my family members have even accused him of being a pedophile or that he's taking advantage of me since he's my first boyfriend. He's really upset about how my family is treating him and i am too. how do i deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• A rule of life that is true in most cases, and in this one too: People who matter wouldn't mind. People who mind, shouldn't matter.

Don't pay attention to the haters, people are often just looking about for something to complain and be righteously indignant about.

You can feel sorry for them because they are so fully brainwashed by the "It's so wrong, everyone knows that!" that they aren't able or willing to think for themselves.

What Guys Said 7

• Well you're an adult now and they need to respect your decisions. You need to lay down the law and say this is how it's going to be.

• Not muc difference betwqeen 20 and 30. Early teen years dating a late 20s would be a problem, like 16 and 26. You grown a lot in those years.

• my most recent girlfriend was 19... im 49. fuck what other people think. its your life and if you are happy then its all good

• Pretty big age gap when you turned 18, everyones going to bitch, nothing you can do.

• in my opinion the rule is half your age + 7

• 10 years is not much and by aging it will be even less important.

• Fuck them and start your own life.

What Girls Said 4

• The way I see it, you aren't going to be sleeping next to any of your disapproving relatives. Don't give a fuck what they think, I guarantee you they've done things that are substantially worse. Never let other people determine your relationship.

• My mom is 12 years older than my dad.. no one cares.

just do your thing.

• If you are 20 and he is 30, then that isn't a problem. You are both over 18.

• Tell them to mind their own goddamn business