Should you always pick the second guy? Or is that bullshit?

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years but there's this guy I've been working with for 2 years now and he told me he liked me and i think I like him too we get along so well so much better than I've ever geld with my boyfriend. And I heard some quote about always picking the second guy cause if you really loved the first guy you'd never have considered the second. Is this true do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• 6 years is a long time. It does seem better to be able to experience a few different relationships so you can get an idea of how different people act and what exactly you do or don't want.

But what would be your goal by leaving your boyfriend for the new guy? My guess is that you are "used to" your boyfriend by now and that you are over any sort of "honeymoon phase". And the new guy is probably new and exciting and that is why you get along so well. But that is only going to last temporarily, until you get to know each other really well, and then you'll get used to him too. So if you just want the excitement, then sure. If you want a long-term relationship, then think hard about whether or not getting with someone new will be any better than you have it now once the novelty has worn off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Id have to agree with that quote

What Guys Said 1

• I just pick the one that I am comfortable with, and she is comfortable with me!! I don't look for popular types, but the REALLY nerdy, smart, but really cute, in their way, types!!
    If you have been with someone for 6 years and he hasn't proposed, either you don't want that, or he isn't the right one! Maybe the second guy is the one!

• She's only 18-24 so it does not seem unreasonable that he wouldn't propose. They probably don't have the money or stability haha. Plus not everyone even wants to get married at all.

• @frozenhorizon Really, look at the statistics. 18-24 is a very common age to get married, and with a guy, she has been with, for 6 years? I would NEVER go 6 years, and not propose. That's just indecisive.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes, otherwise there would be no second guy you feel the need to choose between.

• I picked the second so I guess yes