Can a guy develop any feelings at all for another girl if he's not completely over his ex?

Can he start to "like" her or is this impossible?

What happens if he does develop feelings, but he's not completely over his ex, and things get screwy? Will he ever go back to the new girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not easy.

Last summer, I was with a girl that I really liked. Things ended. To get her out of my mind, I started seeing a chick that I wouldn't have bothered with otherwise (she was 31 and had kids). She's probably the best relationship I ever had, certainly in the Top 3. And I just couldn't bring myself to really give any fucks. I mean yeah, why would I, when she's post-Wall and has kids. But for her age, she's still pretty, and as I said, I liked being with her. She's chill, didn't expect shit from me, didn't try to make demands on my time, etc. When she was thinking of ending things, I just kinda shrugged and said "You obviously have to do what you think is best for you". Then continued seeing/banging her for 6 more weeks. Haha. She's the only ex I still talk to. We were texting a little while ago, in fact.

I wasn't ready to get involved with anyone after the girl before her, but I did anyway. And it had a definite effect on that relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 16

• Infatuation perhaps , an enduring fondness. I just don't trust an I love you from anyone that still carries the emotional baggage of an X

• He can but unless he deals with the residual feelings for his ex, it could lead to trouble later on. What I mean is get closure in your own mind extreme example "I loved X" as opposed to "I am still in love with X"

• Basically you're asking if someone can like two people, yes. Should you ever remotely go near a relationship with someone like that? No.

• What is your reasoning for this?

• If he can't grow a pair and move on with his life, it's likely going to cause many problems.

• No.

If he will indeed accept another relationship while he is still in that state, things will not go well at all in the near future.

Logically speaking you are forcing yourself to love someone else when you obviously cannot for the moment being because of your past.

• Absolutely but it can get confusing to have strong feelings for more than one person.

• I block out my feelings if I decide im ready for another partner in my life.

• Yes he can.

• of course, they call it the rebound phase !

• I think he can. These two things are separate.

• I did

• yes but that usually helps him get over her as well

• I can

• Yes of course.

• Yes a guy can actually fall deeply in love with the new woman which definitely will wipe out the feelings that he had for his ex

• I think it's pretty possible, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

• A guy can definitely develop feelings for another girl if he's not over his ex. Now, thats not to say that he's gonna dive head first into another relationship right away. If anything it'll probably be a little weird at first but then as he continues to get over his ex he'll continue to grow in feelings for another girl.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe they can, but it definitely take times for him to completely forget her.

• need more info...
    how long have they broke up and who broke up? do they still have contact?