How do you start a conversation with a guy you don't know?

I'm doing it to get a boyfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 19

• Don't think about it, don't plan JUST DO IT ! What are you waiting for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEQvlaZgKY

media.giphy.com/media/QDK1pCI43lGhO/giphy.gif

Nothing Is impossible

• You need to find common ground. If you are face to face, say something about what he is wearing or casually mention a current social event. If you are online mention something about what he has posted or on his profile. Put what you say in the form of a question to give him something to respond back with other than, "thanks".

• One of the biggest mistakes people make when approaching is talking about themselves too much. Never talk longer than 10 seconds at a time before he gets to speak, always stoking his engagement level by asking questions.

• Notice something about them and say something about it. Like ask a question or make a comment about it.
    For example: if you go to a gym all the time and never seen them before, you could say something, "Hey, I've never seen you here before. My name's "your name here", what's your name?"

• Just talk to us like we are humans

• "So, how about those Chicago Cubs?"

• Don't ask too much unless you are sure the guy is into you also. Generally speaking try being as friendly as possible to show the other person you have a good heart and can be trusted, this way that person will be intrigued on talking to you more and wanting to know more about you.

Give time for the other to respond, don't be a type racer.

• find something you have in common and talk about it. or ask his help for something. or find some random excuse to talk to him.

• Talk about how you couldn't resist their allure.

• "What's up! I'm [insert your name], nice to meet you what's your name?"

• This also works for guys talking to girls... Imagine that.

• Just say hey do you like mango?

• just talk to him

• Talk about, Why do you think he is dominant Alpha male?

• Just use something that he's doing as a conversation starter

• good luck honey

• Compliment something about his external appearences. Lots of guys don't experience it too often.

• "Hi! (Insert smile and optional, but recommended, compliment)

Next, choose one:
    A) "Would you some company?"
    B) "I'd love to get to know you"
    C) Ask a relevant question... If you complimented his shirt ask where he got it from, etc.
    D) Anything else that feels right to say

Obviously don't use this a script, but just get a general idea of what you can say to start a conversation. Good luck!

• "Hi, I'm ________. What's your name?"

You're welcome.

• "hi" is a good start

What Girls Said 8

• Please don't listen to @bcromartie.

It depends, where do you know him from? If it's school it should be easier to start a conversation.

But please, don't be too obvious of you wanting to talk to him. It'll make the guy lose respect for you.

• Comment on something and ask his opinion or compliment him about something and keep asking questions and slip in a fact or two about yourself. Smile a lot.

• Well first you get the peanut butter

• Why you have to have peanut butter to start a conversation with a guy?

• So you can get your chocolate in it

• "Could you help me with this equipment?"

Works wonders.

• Well I never thought that it might have a deeper meaning than a gal having trouble with said equipment.
      That might explain why some seemingly had issues following instructions written on said equipment with guide pictures included.

• @Jokuvaan Sometimes, we're too shy to approach in a direct manner. I did that with the guy I'm dating. It helped to break the ice.

• Be confident and just start a conversation. Ask him something

• Just give him your phone

• Be yourself :)! And if you don't connect with him as well as you thought then don't worry about it, we don't always click well with certain people ❤️ Always be true to yourself, he is only ever worth it if he likes you for EXACTLY who you are xx

• I usually go and stand next to a man at the bar when ordering a drink. It's easy then, you can say stuff like "Busy tonight isn't it?" "Have you been waiting to get served long?" etc, then if he responds and seems interested you can move on to the serious stuff ;p like "Are you having a good night?" "Where else have you been tonight?" "Have you been to... bar, is it any good?" then just take it from there.

Obviously if you get short answers, he's just being polite, so move on. Hope that helps!

• "Obviously if you get short answers, he's just being polite, so move on."

Or finnish.

• @Jokuvaan No, I met a Lithuanian bloke in a club once, he could barely speak English but he still made an effort to try and talk to me and keep the conversation going. We saw each other for a while, it didn't work out in the end but he was very sweet.