He asked another girl to buy him something, should I be upset?

So my boyfriend wanted a protein shake, he didn't have money for it at the moment and I didn't have money to spend $80 on a protein shake. He didny ask me to buy it but I guess he was expecting me to do so because when I got home he text me saying how I saw that he wanted it really bad and I didn't offer to buy it for him. I explained to him why and I thought we got passed it and he said he would wait till his next paycheck. So yesterday he informs me that one of his friends was willing to buy it for him and that they were going now to get it and then after they were gonna hang out. It made me upset because one he's asking people to buy him stuff and it's a girl who I don't know about. Why would the girl be so willing to buy him it. He said they are just friends and have been friends for 4 years. He said they never messed around or anything. Should I be upset?

Update, he broke up with me. I didn't ask why, just said ok and blocked his number *sigh* Thanks for the response though guys

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like you're speaking of your child.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's asking people to buy him things? He sounds like a loser. You should live within your means, not rely on other people to lend you money for such stupid things as protein shakes.

I'd be upset I was dating a big baby who relies on handouts to buy him frivolous items.

What Guys Said 4

• What a loser... Immature, childish, compains when he does not get what he wants. This is no man you speak of. This is a child. You should be upset, and perhaps it might be time to start looking for a new boyfriend.

• Yes.

• Sounds like a deadbeat. lol

• That's not a man, he sounds like a 5 year old child smh

What Girls Said 4

• Wow that guys a loser. Good riddance to him. You can do better girl.

• Dump him. Nobody wants a freeloader boyfriend anyway.

• He should not use you like that. Honestly, I would expect for you and him not to last much longer considering the fact this other girl is in the picture... I have no doubt that he is making moves or that she wants to be with him. Tread carefully and find a guy that will not use you.

• I usually loved buying my ex boyfriend stuff and if he needed something and asked me I would do it, but would love for him to understand when the day comes and I cannot, that he would understand it and not be throwing it in my face that another girl is willing and then they are going to hang. I'd be upset about it.