Guy, how would you feel about a woman who kissed your check and then quick left?

I have a crush on a friend of mine, but struggle to show him how I feel. I don't want to make him too uncomfortable, but want to be clearer about where I stand since we are both a bit awkward with each other. Lately, we've gotten together one-on-one more than usual, and I do feel there's chemistry and shared attraction. Recently, after hanging out together, we hugged goodbye. Then, feeling unusually bold, I leaned in and kissed his cheek. It seems that not even a full second passed before my anxiety kicked in--I got embarrassed, pulled my face away from his, and felt like I had to get out of the situation. I think I surprised him. His response has left me stumped, though I'm not sure what I should expect given my odd behavior. He smiled big and thanked me for the kiss, but I was already moving away from him when he said he'd see me in a few days. I smiled at him and could only get out a "good night" before departing very quickly. What do you all think: I know I could have handled this better, but did I totally screw things up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would have figured you out immediately and thought it was super-cute.

What Guys Said 6

• I would feel flattered, I think.

• I would never cash it.

• She's probably a gold digger...

• Gold digger? Care to explain?

• Haha, I'm just teasing you :) You wrote "Check" instead of "Cheek". I figured if you were kissing checks and dollar bills you must be a gold digger ;) But to answer your question I'm sure he was flattered and the fact that you awkwardly ran away made it all the more endearing!

• Oh, ooops! I was so confused. Thanks for the laugh :D

• Sounds like he thought it was cute

• How would you feel about having your butt groped by a guy who then left?

• Well I kissed his cheek and didn't touch his privates (I consider butts to be private), so I don't think your making a reasonable comparison. And I'm not a stranger or random woman... I've known this guy for 5 years and we've been friends for almost 3 years. That said, if my guy friend touched my butt and ran, I'd be confused, but probably also a little amused.

• And that's how I'd feel like with a kiss

• Got it, thanks!

• personally i dont like the idea when girls act like that and are afraid of showing and telling me her feelings/desires, and embarrassed, gets distant, its a total turn off, id probably not want to be with a girl like that anymore and call it off.
    i want a girl who can relax and be romantically in love with me and is sexual for me. and excited and happy to be with me in her life, and someone i can talk to and she can talk to me. someone who's so feminine in all aspects.

• That's fair. Usually, i am very relaxed around him and we talk about everything... it's just I felt panicked after I kissed him. It shouldn't have been such a big deal, and I don't know why I reacted that way.

• That's good advice. Thanks!

• your welcome

What Girls Said 0