Is this more of a female thing? Or do guys do it to... Agreeing to go out with someone but not following through & knowing you won't?

I do this with a lot of guys... Like they'll ask me out and I'll respond yes and for sure! And seem interested and plan for a day.. But 80% of the time I know it won't happen and I'll flake on them. I honestly think it's a mix between social anxiety and general not being too interested in them. Do guys do this too?

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand where you're coming from as I myself have social anxiety. But it takes a lot of courage to ask a girl out so I think you owe it to the guy to be honest. If you're not interested give him an honest reject. If you are interested but keeping psyching yourself out, ask the guy to bear with you, text for a bit until you feel comfortable and then try again.

I always found it was a lot easier to go on a date with someone after getting to know them casually first. Obviously I try to make my intentions clear right away to avoid the dreaded friend zone, but I set a date up 1-2 weeks later and in the mean time I try to act cool, touch base with her every couple days and crack a few jokes to ease the tension. I don't know how women feel about this approach but I think it's better to work around your faults :)

What Guys Said 3

• The guys that I know hold themselves accountable, and our word is golden because honor plays a big role in who we are as people. If we say, we do.

For women to do this, for YOU to do this, is so disrespectful that no amount of excuses can save your face. Just say no. That is respectable. To say yes, plan a day, then flake out is the kind of behavior that moves society backwards, not forwards. It's cowardice.

• I would never be like that. If I agreed to something, I'm following through. And if she doesn't, I won't contact her ever again.

What Girls Said 2

• never i never do this. if i say im interested, im interested.

just dont agree to it in the firs place if you're not 100% interested. say no.

• I understand the social anxiety problem, but dont lead someone on