Would someone with a stable income date a college student?

I feel bad because I am a college student and feel as if guys who are out of college won't want to date me because I don't have a steady income. I also go to school full-time, so I can't work. Is this a dealbreaker for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should date a 60 year old man.

• He can teach you carnal experiences and pleasures you could never have imagined.

• You'll just have to find out ;-) Ask the next 60+ man you meet!

• You're the one who's making these recommendations, so you should know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Date an older guy. He will not care. And he will pay for your dates.

What Guys Said 15

• No. My girlfriend is in college. She is 21. What difference does it make what she makes at her part jobs? I make as much in two weeks as she makes all year.

The flipside is the question, why would any young woman date a guy who didn't have a good income and who was already out of college or didn't bother to go?

• Try being a man that is in college. I'm 26, a sophomore in college, the reason I got a late start is because I joined the air force at 19 so I could get the post 9/11 G. I bill to pay for college and I work part time detailing cars and I'm staying in shape too. I have my own car, the only drawback is I live with my parents and I plan on moving out soon. But girls my age still think I'm a dysfunctional veteran bum even though while i'm in college I get 2000$+ a month from the veterans administration and i'm pulling in about 500$+ a month from working on the weekends and I'm getting my first scholarship in the fall. So I could totally buy her something nice if she wanted it lol. Sorry to rant on.

• Any girl who thinks your a dysfunctional veteran bum is clueless and not the type of girl you want. Don't take it personally, it is their issue. Go find yourself a real woman ;) (I am a 10-year USAF veteran)

• @FitFreaky Air force high five!

• This doesn't apply to women. Now if you were a guy that would be different.

• Guys don't generally give a shit what a girl does if she's going to school or has a job. If we moved in together and she couldnt pay for part of everything kinda sucky but not a deal breaker.

• Nah I'd date a girl like you.

• The things some people worry about... no it's not a problem... don't worry about it.

• Happens all the time. Look up some of the sugar daddy websites online. You are sitting on a potential fortune.

• No. Money isn't everything, at least for most people.

• Erm, no. Men aren't materialistic like women.

• lol... if your generalizing, maybe not as materialistic but no more materialistic then guys are superficial.

• @FitFreaky Yeah sure. Guys are superficial. Women are both superficial AND materialistic.

• Not in my experience. If anything women in our society are pampered more then men so they are a bit more spoiled... again, these are generalizations and not meant to insult the real women (and men) out there.

• Yeah.

• no, money is irrelevant

• Yes, no it's not a dealbreaker

• they would

• Guys don't really care about your income, you're projecting.

• might be projecting... might be just overthinking based on 'standards' gathered from somewhere in her life.

• And OP, I'm just curious to know. It is to my understanding that some girls will not date guys who have no income. I just want to know if guys feel the same way.

• @FitFreaky true but not standards held by or 'gathered' from men. I can believe that it's a standard held by women and gathered from women. in which case it's their projection.

• I would but I wouldn't pay their way. I'm not gonna pay for the dates and stuff. If they can contribute equally it's fine.

What Girls Said 5

• They should cause the college student will be getting a career soon. Hey now.. lol

• My dad met my mom while she was still in college.

• I dated college students before

• take you like the side chick

• Why not just go after guys your own age?