18 and 22 year old dating? It is perversion?

I'm a 18 year old girl and I like a 22 year old guy, he is at college, he works and all that stuff, the problem is that I love him, and I think he love me too, but the age is the problem here :/ .. I think is wrong and it looks like that, I just can't go out and hold hands because I'm afraid of what people is gonna say. But this 4 year age gap is soooo wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't be worried about it. There's no reason to.
    It's just a 4 year age gap, and maybe people won't even notice. So, it's okay for you to date him.

• I don't know I think it's disgusting

• Should I talk with him? Or should I just take distance and go away?

• You should talk to him. Maybe he likes you :)

What Guys Said 6

• No a 4 year age gap isn't a problem at all. Look at it this way you would both have been in high school at the same time. The only reason the age gap could be a problem is if he is pressing for things you still haven't become ready for and he is. (Yes probably not the case but still.) But that is why there is communicating in dating. Always talk about those things with each other. Otherwise it really shouldn't be a problem for anyone.

• Well we already have sex, and he is a good guy, I know him since I was 16, and in that time I fall in love with him and bla bla bla, the thing is that now we start to talk again and he seems like he wants something serious with me, I don't know, but I just think about the age and it makes me feel weird, I just need to disappear of his life :/

• If you are feeling like you need to step out of that relationship. Then you probably should, no matter what the ages are. He won't like it. But he also won't like it if y'all have a relationship go bad. You really won't like it either. It sucks. So if you feel you need to disappear then tell him that and do so. And if he doesn't agree well too bad because... you've disappeared!

• You're right, and yes I'm gonna have to disappear because I feel like this relationship is sick that age make it look disgusting

• the 4 year gap isn't the issue it's you. Sounds like you're ashamed of being seen with him.

• No I'm not, I think that he may think that, obviously. A 22 year old with a teenager is not normal. Sometimes you can love so much a person but you have to start taking distance, is sad

• You realize to most people a 22y/o and a 18 y/o look the same. Talk to him about it. I think you're worrying over a non issue on.

• That's not bad at all lol

• It's only 4 years, and you are 18, so who cares?

• 4years is nothing at all. I don't know why you are so worried about it.

• Because I think is not normal, I mean what a 22 year old man is looking in a 18 old girl

• As long as your over 18 by at least a second, then anything from 18-100+ is okay to have sex/date/marry

• a 4 year age gap isn't that big , for a guy and girl I'd actually say its small , I've seen many people dating where it was much larger

What Girls Said 12

• Absolutely fine. It's not that big of an age gap, plus you're 18.

• That isn't so bad lool.

• 4 years is nothing, especially when you're 18+.

• nope

• Really? I think 4 years is the best age gap.

• You're 4 years apart , and you're 18 so I really don't see a problem. here

• Lol I dated a guy that was 22 when I was 43. Age is just a number

• There's nothing wrong with it.

• well i'm soon to be 18 and i love a 24 years old guy :')

• No, it's only 4 years. Screw what people think.

• 4 years is nothing, just be cautious, college guys usually aren't into longterm relationships.

• No it's not perversion.