Why am I not attracted to black guys but only white guys?

I'm half black and half white but live with black people, I'm also 15. One day I hope to date white guys but I'm afraid non of them will like me. I like white guys like thisWhy am I not attracted to black guys but only white guys?
But I'm expected to like a guy like this which I don't

• It's normal
  • No that's weird

Most Helpful Guy

• That's normal. You like what you like. It may be a bit harder to date white guys, just because society will see you as black - even though you are just as white as you are black. But that's how society thinks. I'm a mixed person too, that's how I know. But look at all the interracial couples around. So it's certainly not impossible to date a white guy. Good luck.

What Guys Said 9

• To give a interesting answer, we like what we like. Biology, location, upbringing, family life, psychology and other things can influence who you like as a person. I've had the whole rainbow and I can say that all women are pretty much the same. There is some very minor differences depending race and religion and I bet the same could be said for men.

So do not feel ashamed, but for a guy like me who's been around America and Europe. I could be wrong about you but from the little I know about you I'm willing to bet that you've been picked on for being biracial, I'm black myself so I can relate. And from what i've seen with biracial kids is that they either go two ways in life. They either they try to cling to their white side and do everything they can to try to make the world forget they are part black or they go the other way like the rapper J. cole who was quoted saying

"I can identify with White people, because I know my mother, her side of the family, who I love. I've had White friends. I know people from high school that I might not have hung out with outside of high school, but I think I got to know them pretty well, so I know their sense of humor. But at the end of the day, I never felt White. I don't know what that feels like. I can identify. But never have I felt like I'm one of them. Not that I wanted to, or tried to, but it just was what it was. I identify more with what I look like, because that's how I got treated. Not necessarily in a negative way. But when you get pulled over by the police, I can't pull out my half-White card. Or if I just meet you on the street you're not gonna be like, "This guy seems half-White"
    So welcome to the party, if you are ashamed of being part black don't be. There is plenty of upstanding black people out there (I'm an air force veteran studying criminal justice with a 2.7/4 GPA) that the news tries to hide from the world by only showing the negative side, but whoever you choose, make sure you are happy with them.

• My mother is black and I love her and stuff, the problem I'm having is that I can't look at a black guy and feel that feeling when you see a hot person. I never felt white either but I just think white guys seem better that's it. My dad is white and he is handsome, funny and smart and just cool In general.

• Do you think it's purely physical or could it also subconsciously be how your treated by the race of people you know?

• Nothing wrong with that, white men are truly beautiful gifts from God.

• You've either been conditioned to think the way you do via the media and Eurocentric standards of beauty, you could have a negativity bias Or... it just so happens to be your preference.

• I've never been attracted to black males

• Around 8 or 7 since I was a really early bloomer

• Even at 7 years of age, all three scenarios are likely.

• Everyone knows that black girls love white boys and white girls love black guys and black guys love white girls

• normal I'm the same with girls

• It's your preference, there's nothing wrong with that

• Its perfectly normal. Everyone has their preferences. For the life of me, I cannot get attracted to a black girl either. Mostly, neither an Asian (Oriental) girl.

• Not a problem I'm not attracted to black guys either so I can relate to you...

What Girls Said 8

• It shouldn't matter? You like who you like, preferences are preferences. No one should shame you for that. You're not being racist or discriminatory, you're exercising your preferences, and that is healthy for YOU. Why be with someone if you're not attracted to them? It just won't work. Preferences are ingrained in us - we don't really have the power to change them, just as we don't have the power to choose who we fall in love with. So like you who you like.

• It's all a matter of personal preference. Myself I don't date black men but I absolutely love black women, in fact I prefer black women.

I don't think you'll have any problem finding white guys who are willing to date a black/half black girl. I've heard white guys talk and some of them think black girls are hotter than white girls. You'll find one just keep looking. You know if you find a white guy that trips your trigger it's OK to make the first move and start to chat him up.

• I'm worried if he thinks I'm crazy

• I'm sure he won't think you're crazy. Guys are flattered if they know a girl is fond of them just as we're flattered when we know guys are fond of us. Hey if nothing else you might make another friend if he's not interested in dating.

• It's most likely because the dominant images you saw growing up that were presented to you as highly attractive, appealing, and desirable were white men.

• I did grow up in New Zealand until I moved to the usa

• That's usually the cause when someone is inclined to favor one racial appearance over another. They've essentially been programmed to desire and admire one set of physical features over another.

• You like what you like... everyone has a preference. Dont let anyone make you feel guilty for having a that preference.

• But what if my preference would never like a part black girl like me

• I believe there is someone for everyone.

• Everyone has preferences and whatever yours are, that's normal for you. You can date whomever you like. I'm sure you'll find plenty of guys interested in you.

• Odd but ok

• You like what you like! Not much you can do about it :)

• It's normal and it's your preference. You can't control what you're attracted to. No one knows why,