Meat eaters, how hard is it to date a vegan?

or any other type of person who is restricted from certain foods

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not much different. You just have to be a little more aware of vegan options and be a little open minded to try new things as well. Most of the time, vegans will do their own research about which restaurants have veg options, so you don't have to do much at all when it comes to going out for dinner.
    However, this is the easiest scenario. There are plenty of vegans who won't care what you eat and will leave you alone about your food choices, but there are also other ones who will get in your face about it. My advice is to stay open minded, but also be aware that their perspective is also very different. To you, it's just food, but to them, it's the destruction of the environment and the torture of beings that they really care about.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I had to do the cooking I would pretty much live off steak every night haha. If she did the cooking I would want meat quite often. In general don't reaaaallllyy care. If someones going to bitch about me eating meat then it won't last long haha.

What Girls Said 15

• One of the reasons why I started a relationship with my boyfriend is me and him both don't eat veggies lol But if he happened to be vegetarian, its alright but eventually he might bug me a little when we go eat together, or when I cook the dinner, since I don't know what to do with all the veggies at all. Haha

• I could happily date someone with a restriction to food rather than choice to not eat said food.

Now. Before anyone jumps on me. Tastes are different. For instance I hate lamb. Something you don't like is different. My boyfriend hates onions and leeks for instance.

I have spent my whole life adapting to dietary needs. I don't mind it if it's a genuine need - my dad is diabetic, and my brother is gluten intolerant. I shape meals to suit them both. It's hard but doable.

If someone came to me and then said "I don't eat meat or meat products due to my belief. It doesn't harm me in any way, I just don't like it" I would not cook for them.
    I spend my life shaping around my dads needs, my brothers needs, my boyfriends needs. Do you know how tricky it is to not cool with rice, carbs, cheese, onion, garlic, or leeks? If someone said "no animal product please" I would probably toss a slice of gluten free bread at their face and tell them to leave.

Apologises. But my point is I have enough to deal with without ANOTHER set of requirements.

• it's quite simple, as long as they're not forcing their veganism on me too. let me eat my juicy steak, and u can stick to ur legumes n mushrooms, I'm cool with that.

• I don't think it would be hard. But I'd expect him to fix his own meals, since I have no idea what he wants to eat instead. I could give cooking vegan food a shot once I get the hang of what he likes. And obviously I would prefer it if he didn't start preaching to me about it.

• Too hard. I tried being vegan for once, it lasted for all of an hour.

• It depends on what type of person you're dating. Like if you're a meat eater and you date someone like vegan gains, you're gonna have a bad time.

However if both individuals respect each other's eating habits, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard in my opinion.

• I do not hate vegans or vegetarians but you couldn't pay me to date one

• I used to live with a girl who was alergic to gluten, lactose, peanuts, tomatoes, onions, apples, garlic and soy. Vegan is tame in comparison, its really not that hard. You can at the very get a salad at most restaurants.

• i love meat. a lot. but i'm trying to morph myself into a vegan. the only problem i face is just... the temptation. :x so, i guess a dude would have to deal with me going all O_O if he ordered steak or something.

• Date. Friends. Family i don't what's the relationship status, as long as don't impose your idea n standard on me, then we are cool

• I wouldn't do it.

• I could definitely date someone who was a vegan. I don't buy meat that much anyway. Milk I could work around also.

• It'd be weird I can't eat some vegan staples so we'd be cooking for ourselves and could barely eat out. I'd pass

• Not very hard, it's even cheaper for the pocket. Salads are always available:)

• My boyfriend is a vegetarian but he's not that strict about it. It's actually not that hard.

What Guys Said 19

• the hardest part when i date a vegan was trying to ever make a meal for them. i'm not a vegan so i had little clue about cooking without meat (aside from vegetables).

• I wouldn't mind dating a vegan as long as she doesn't try to make me become a vegan it complain about me eating meat

• I'm a vegetarian (trying to convert to a vegan), and I'm not open to date non-vegetarian women.

• I wouldn't date one at all

• No idea, but i wouldn't go near one. They're the kind who will slit your throat at night and wouldn't have a problem with it.

• depends on the person. My ex crush is vegan, she's together with a meat eater and there's absolutely no problem. sometimes they eat together, sometimes they make different things. as long as both are tolerant and respect the other ones preferences, there is no problem

• Would never date a vegan girl. Aren't most of them some kind of super-liberal hippies anyway?

• It wouldn't bother me at all. I've eaten vegan for almost a year (this was in the past) and it was really no bid deal.

• Haven't yet dated anyone like that. Hope I won't have to.

• Never a problem if being vegan is something they want for themselves, without pushing on me. Just like if they were gluten intolerant. Why would I stay away from it just because they are?

• I'd try to become vegan with them actually. The ethics appeal to me.

• never done it before.

• It's next to impossible. A vegan girl's body odor is horrible and her diet ruins her sex drive.

• It's a pain in the ass to go out to eat together.

• Go with it. Be supportive

And when their not around. Go ham

• I think you should work on your interpersonal skills if you can't get past this

• as long as I can eat my own food and I am not be questioned about it

• pretty difficult

• Damn near impossible!! This vegan BS is just crap, and I would never want to deal with that shit!! I've tried to date a vegetarian, and that wasn't worth the effort either!! Too much of this I can't eat this, or that!!
    I wish I cared enough, but it is her choice, and my choice it to date someone that isn't so fucking complicated!!!