Are these guys lazy or what's going on?

I do online dating and have been talking to many guys lately and what I've noticed is that we will message a lot back and forth but once we've set up a date most of them just stop. They don't text at all for days/week until the date and if I try to they don't make an effort to continue the conversation. Is this normal? Do they even want to meet me? Because I lose interest in them then. I feel they are lazy and think they can just sit back and wait to go on the date with me without even messaging me once in the days/week leading up to it, so I never go to meet these guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people catfish. Some people try shit for validation to know what works so that they can try it when they meet girls in person. Some people contact like 100 girls to "market themselves" and try to set up dates. Most will never contact them back. You're not some special person they've been eying for months, you're some account with a few pictures that is a libra and is vary ambitious... They sent you a message after considering you for like 30 seconds. In other world they don't know anything about you and they don't know if anything will come of it. They set up a date with you, which may or may not come to pass and they are still marketing themselves to another 100 other girls while that date approaches. Then date time comes and they try to start to get to know you then. If you bail you're just another flake that backs up their perception that if you want to meet anyone online you have to act like an internet spammer... It's a numbers game to meet people rather than being totally hooked and committed to one filtered picture with some pointless profile information.

Most Helpful Girl

• Or maybe they are just trying to build up the suspense and the element of surprise for the date and talking to you might give that away and takes the suspense away or in any case they could just be trying to avoid saying something that might ruin thing and make you change your mind which will result in date cancellation but that's just what I think that might not be the case and the only way you're ever gon' find an accurate answer really is by asking the guy (s) himself on the date as to why he became so distant after you set the date coz we'll give you our opinions but because we're not him it will NEVER be guaranteed to be right or the truth. Hopefully i helped... good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• Online dating wasn't so popular in my time but my guess for how some guys might approach it is to just go berserk on the ladies, ask as many as they can, and then weigh their options from the responses. Probably those guys (and I'm thinking many would do this) wouldn't really get so excited until there actually is a date and no other girls have responded.

What Girls Said 1

• I find guys either want a hookup (dont want to. meet you out but want to come over to my house or I come to theirs on the first meeting) or they are so desperate for a relationship and they dont seem to care who with (they assume a first date is a done deal). I've given up on online dating.