I am diagnosed with depression?

They gave me meds, I've made a mistake in my life, i went through something traumatic in my teens due to illnes and i never got help. I lived in a turbulent house with a crazy mom and crazy sister. I missed out on everything, incl first boyfriends, teenage love, all because of my mother and sister i will be seen as a freak for the rest of my life. They made me depressed and now i have to live with depression. I have no great stories to tell my children about my life, they ruined my life

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not even close to be ruined. You have many years left to turn it into something better

• Agree completely with @Dingsburns Yes it's been crappy up to this point but you have lots of time and are old enough now to change your life for the better. But you have to do the work, it's not just going to happen on it's own. Stay away from family members that are "crazy" if that's what it takes.

• @GingerGuy i just feel like i never experienced love

• You're not alone. It will come.

Most Helpful Girl

• Depression is a tiredness of will. I have seen many things in my life that could cause depression in other people but not in me. Cause bad and awful things happen but we should learn how to handle life's blows. I knew that when someone or something attacks me, I should attack it back, same for life. Fight for your own happiness, that's the easiest thing we can do, not to surrender. That's how I could prevent being depressed.
    Your childhood is not worst thing in your life, your self-pity is the worst one.
    Set a goal and fight for achieving it. If you do not have stories to tell your children then create those stories, create your own life and tell your children when you have them "I've seen darkness and I've seen happiness, I was defeated and I was ruined, but then I could stand up, I could fight back, I could spit to life and I could achieve all my dreams."
    Do not worry if you fall, because we all do. Worry if you don't stand up.
    Life is your arena, go, fight and get your own happiness.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• i've been depressed for years and was finally medicated recently. like you, i've been through some traumatic events but, with the help of meds and therapy, i'm finally me again (mostly).

it's never too late to take back your life. if i can do it at almost 30, then you sure as hell can too. you'll have good and bad days, but you're only human and that's okay.

"our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising each time we fall" - confucius

(so fall down 7 times and get up 8. i believe in you!)

-von

• i have no friends, i feel like imissed the best parts of life

• i didn't have friends for the longest time either. but i learned how to be happy on my own, and that's when people came.

if you can love yourself, in spite of everything, the rest will follow.

• trust me life can get better, both my boyfriend and I have depression but we found each other and became the light in each other's lives. we don't need great memories because we are making new ones all the time and they just get better and better. I know depression will make you think it but nothing is ever hopeless. It's hard but it is so worth it when you make it