Should I end things with this guy?

I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for over a year and I recently found out for half our relationship he was talking to his ex on social media (there were about 3 other random girls he spoke to) and only stopped because she blocked him. When I confronted him he tearfully confessed that he fancies her more than me and that has made my self esteem a total mess. He keeps saying that he wants to focus on us because I am more important than her but I really can't get past how hurtful that is to me. Should I try and work through it or is it time to let him go

• End it
  • Try and work it out

Most Helpful Guy

• do it now

Most Helpful Girl

• To him you were second choice. Since his force choice blocked him his making you his priority now. I'm not sure what you'd want to do. He spent half of your relationship talking to his ex and another random girl. That would be heart breaking

What Guys Said 2

• Obviously that's not an ideal situation but to his credit that's pretty incredible he was actually honest with you about his feelings towards his ex. The dude still has feelings for his ex... when it comes to matters of the heart, logic usually goes out the window and emotions do what emotions do. I wouldn't blame you if it's too much to deal with and you decide to end things, but if you want to give things a chance to work I'd say his honesty seems like a good starting point. But you guys have lots more open & honest communication that would need to continue happening on the reg. Good luck either way.

• I wouldn't be able to get past that. You should probably break up.

What Girls Said 5

• You shouldn't be an option, he doesn't need to focus on both of you, but on himself.
    He needs to get over her before he can jump into another relationship, and you shouldn't be the victim of the situation.
    Believe me, i've been there - the guy I was 'seeing' broke up with his ex to be with me, and guess who went back to her a few months later... it's a waste of time. You deserve somebody who focuses on YOU and YOU ONLY.
    Good luck x

• End it. He still has feelings for her and is clearly not ready for a relationship. I'm sorry he did this to you.

• If your guy likes someone else more than you, what's the point of being together?

• Well he says that he "likes" me more but that she is more attractive

• Again... why did he feel the need to say that? If someone isn't as attracted to you, and subsequently goes looking for other women... what's the point?

• If either of you likes someone else more than the other, it's not meant to be, that's it.

• let him go ıt looks like cheating