Interracial dating, why is it frowned upon?

From my life experience and being a minority myself. Most of the interracial couples I've seen are a white girl who's usually over weight and cannot get the Chris Helmsworth she dreams of because of her larger body. So then she ends up going for a lower class man of color who is typically unemployed, has a criminal record and an addiction issue. So the girl looks down on herself for dealing with this kind of man and assumes his race has something to do with it, then one day things erupt and the truth about how she and her friends feel about him come out in the most racist ways.

To me the women who put themselves in that situation would run into that no matter where they go in life. Ghetto has no color, so that is why people look down on it. Not trying to start anything but there is actually more white people on welfare and other government benefits and more white in prison than any other minority group in the USA. So to me, that is why they look down on it, they typically see Flavor flav and Brigette nielson together, not Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Because people are uneducated, have no lives and worry about what everyone else is doing instead of worrying about themselves.

What Girls Said 4

• You and a lot of other black people need to get over this. Y'all care way too much about what white people are doing, and you seem to want to legislate who we date and are attracted to. Date who you want and don't worry about what others think.

• Because people are more comfortable seeing themselves as an individual culture than as the human race. It's not necessarily wrong, but it causes a lot of problems.

• It really isn't here in Melbourne, Australia but there isn't a huge black community
    where I live or socialise.

• I honestly don't know. I personally find interracial relationships and marriages beautiful and unique. Even though I'm white, I personally find Asians more attractive. I think it has to do with media, and just how people are persuaded to think.

What Guys Said 4

• Because that kind is repulsive and I'm sick of hearing about, Black guys need to get way over themselves.

• Everytime you see a cute baby assume is mixed, so i don't think so, I've seen black guys with beautiful girlfriend and FIT, not overweight

• I have only dated other races thus far and it has never worked out the way I wanted it to

• That's one large group of interracial daters in the u. s.

The other large group, of similar size, is high income white male/Asian female couples.