Do girls really fall for obvious fake flattery?

Last night I was at a bar and briefly sat next to a girl who was getting a real sales pitch from a guy. He was stroking her hair, telling her she was the most beautiful women he ever saw (she was OK), and how much he wanted her. I had to bite my cheek to keep from snickering. She seemed to be half falling for it, half resisting. I didn't hang around to see if they left together, but it was pathetic.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't. I actually get really turned off if a guys says I'm "beautiful." It either means he is lying or is a loser with low standards.

• Sounds like you don't think much of yourself if you think someone who considers you beautiful is lying or has bad taste.

Though I would never start a conversation with a girl by telling her how beautiful she is - that is pretty lame.

• No, I have a realistic sense of myself. I can be pretty or good-looking. Beautiful should be reserved for the few. There are necessarily few beautiful people, and I am fine to admit that I am not one of them.

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 2

• I think most girls are aware the attention and flattery is fake, but some people like to feel special , even if it's fake and temporary.

• I don't believe it, I only take a compliment when a person has nothing to gain from it. But with the lady, I think she liked the effort he was putting into her. It's nice to be pursued even if he's lying

What Guys Said 1

• Obviously. Duh.