My girlfriend says she's not getting the butterflies she used to?

Well my girlfriend has been going through a lot, and we've been arguing about this guy pretty much everyday for 2 weeks. I've only been able to see her once in two weeks because of her parents. Yesterday she said she didn't get the butterflies the day I seen her that she usually got. She said she is going to give it some more time to see and if it doesn't change and if it doesn't she wants to end it. She really means a lot to me and she says I'm the best thing that's ever happened to her. We've even talked about our future. What should I do? Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's inevitable. The passion one felt for their partner will eventually dwindle, but that doesn't mean they should end it, they should look for the reason why they wanted to be with the person in the first place and decide if they should stay with their partener based on that. If your girlfriend doesn't want to look for that reason, and only based her thoughts on that "butterfly feeling" then maybe it is time to end it.

What Girls Said 2

• Whose this guy you've argued about before?

• Look at my previous question

• The constant fight for 2 weeks straight has probably created some distance for the both of you. Has she been in contact with this other guy lately? If she is, she could be losing feelings for you and liking this other guy.

• that kinda happens if you don't see the other person much.
    once every 2 weeks is pretty crappy.

What Guys Said 4

• What should you do? ditch her immediately and then take some time to discover the truth. I donubt you have the backbone to ditch her though, it is much more likely that you will continue argueing for another few weeks, waste all of that energy, emotion and time and then she will just ditch you for another guy.

Then after a few months with the new guy.. one day she will complain that she no longer feels those butterflies... then she will ditch that guy for a new one... then she will repeat the exact same pattern over and over again.

• That phase is simply over. It happens to everyone.

• Dump her and stop being a pussy.

• she's just gotten used to you