Tinder? Or something else?

Im in college and i have no experiance with girls, i want to start dating but all my college classes have no girls. There are girls here but i don't want to just start a conversation in the middle of the hall (i don't feel like its normal for 2 strangers to just start talking, I don't know tho im introverted and i dont get out much.) But how has tinder worked out for shy people/inexperienced people? I feel like it only works well for people who have experiance with girls and look good and everyone else is kinda meh. Is it also a good idea to have my very first date there? Im kinda really lonely and i find it overwhelmingly difficult to talk to people face to face first time and just to meet people in general and im a bit tired of being alone. Any help appreciated thanks!.

What Girls Said 1

• It doesn't work unless you're ridiculously attractive.

What Guys Said 2

• You'd have better luck biting the bullet and approaching girls irl. It's 'normal' for a guy to approach a girl he finds attractive, just a little more rare to see or notice. She might say no but you'll have better luck there than tinder! Unless you live in a big city maybe.

Tinder = sausagefest. It's like a room with a bunch of people with plastic surgery (filtered and edited faces beyond belief). With Models and a bunch of fake catfish/spambots. Anyway so lets say all the people who took professional 'mode' pics or who are the top 3% in terms of attractiveness are at the closest to the... 3 girls in the room surrounded by 100 guys. They're also put on a pedestal and basically get to choose the most attractive people, with heavily edited pics! So if your Photoshop game isn't on point gl basically. Plus it's so competitive and the girls starts to think of themselves as perfect 10s because of their options.

• I'll be totally honest, I've been shy/introverted for most of my life. A couple of years ago I took up online dating.

Now, when I lived in Florida, I met a lot of crazy girls, because it's filled with rich girls with daddy issues, so I never went anywhere with anyone down there. I live in Austin now and women are more mellow and laidback, I'm just having trouble finding someone because a lot of people are transient.

Overall, the first few times I went out I would get REALLY nervous, it was like "the date" was looming around. But over time, I've gone on so many dates with different women that eventually you just get better at it and you get more and more comfortable, dating women feels perfectly natural now and I don't get nervous, I'm confident when I'm talking to them. So it's helped me overcome that sort of anxiety very much.