Would an American guy date a virgin whose gonna stay a virgin till marriage?

So i just moved to the states and I've noticed that sex is kind-off a big deal here. there's this 20 year old guy who i find really handsome asked me out and i said no. Im so worried that he would expect me to have sex with him and i don't know how to explain to him my morals and why i wanna stay a virgin till marriage. I don't even know how he would react to that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, first any smart guy would admire your stand. Second don't be afraid to let guys know where you stand, you set the bar high and there are men who will rise to the responsibility or they will remain little boys.
    Where are you from?

• I really hope so. Since i moved to the US, i vowed to myself that i won't date any American guy because they all want one thing from the girl which is sex and i won't be able to give them that so i said no to every guy that had asked me out on a date. But there's that guy that is so my type and he's very interesting and fun. He also wants to know more about my culture but when he asked me out i panicked and said no because i don't want to get attached to a person that is not willing to wait for me and i feel that i would end up heart broken. Now the thing is i don't know if he's one of the few guys that are willing to wait for the girl. And i don't even know how to spot them and and know what their intentions are. And by the way I'm Lebanese.

• I understand your concern, but you shouldn't write off every guy based on that assumption. At least date them. Worst case scenario, it'll be a dealbreaker for them, but just keep dating until you find someone who is okay with it.

• @Silveresque that's what I'm trying to say. Just looking out for you, any who you get the idea. Hope everything goes well!

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything is possible! I've heard of several cases where the woman was lucky enough to find a man who loved her and respected her wishes enough to abstain from sex until their wedding night. I think it just really takes an evolved, selfless type of man who is willing to be disciplined over his flesh. Unfortunately, a lot of modern day American guys don't put in that self-work and they don't strive to be disciplined within their sexual side so it can be hard to find.

If this is important to you and means something to you, then do not compromise it for anyone. The guys who want to pressure you or disregard your wishes simply aren't the guys for you. Express how you feel with dignity and confidence. If he doesn't want to accept it then let him go.

What Guys Said 18

• Yup I prefer that actually because I'm waiting until marriage as well.

• That's what I really want in a girl is to wait for that, but it's hard to find a girl like that who is attractive physically enough above average for my standards and would return the attraction.

• Some will be fine with that, others will be disinterested. You'll just have to try.

• I would not.

• Nope

• Most guys won't. That doesn't mean all guys won't. Some guys will, but it will be a lot harder to find them.

• I would

• The world needs more women like you.

• It really depends on the guy. You should have an open conversation with him and ask him straight up. Most people will respect that

• What would be the point of waiting for you? And where are you from? From what I've heard the US is prude compared to most places in the world

• I would. Then again, I'm of Indian descent, but I've grown up in the United States for practically my whole life and that isn't really a factor.

• If you're ugly... no.

• sure! i'm doing the same.

• Fuck no

• I'm an American, and that's exactly what I'm looking for in a girl.

• I have to get a sample first, I have to make sure the quality is good

• Tbh I would

• yes.

What Girls Said 7

• If a guy loves and respects you he will be willing to wait. If it is important to you, it will be important to the one you love, you may just have to hold out

• Unless you seek out a guy with the same plan, it is unlikely that they will be okay with waiting.

• I had a guy willing to wait for me, but for this to happen the guy has to really really like you.

• Maybe if he REALLY cared

But even then, I would expect some other forms of loving to take place

• We need more people like you.

• I'm 25+ and I'm still a virgin waiting for the right guy. and people think i'm crazy. I'm not ugly or anything there are lots of guys who've wanted to date me but i'd turn them down because I didn't want to play games. I want a serious relationship.

• The right guy will. The right guy will admire you for being woman enough to stick to your morals.