Can jealousy be an expression of love?

So it's been almost 3 years I like this guy. He showed interest for me after 5 months I first met him, then we started dating. We had a really short relationship, he broke up with me with no explanations at all. Since then, we talked every day and we were friends with benefits.

Recently I got a new boyfriend and he seemed to be jealous. He was acting different, he was being nice and sweet to me. He even told me we could be a thing again. But I never fell for it, he never seems to be sure about his feelings.

Anyways, these past days he's been going out with some girl and he makes sure to tell me every detail of what's going on. Like it's clear he wants me to be JEALOUS because he knows I am, he knows how I feel.

Should I definitely get over him? Or does he love me too by the way he's been acting?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's only pissed because you've stopped fucking him and this new guy you're seeing cut off his pussy supply. This is nothing but a pure mutual use relationship of the sickest kind

Most Helpful Girl

• Jealousy is not about love it's about fear of losing what you have/or fear of someone else taking what is yours love doesn't always come into it, what matters is how you deal and handle your jealousy, believe me if someone is jealous or trying to MAKE you jealous their intentions are bad and only want to hurt or control it's never a good thing, who wants to live a life in fear or jealousy it's destructive and will eventually destroy everything in it's path, if he loved you he would NOT try to make you jealous because he already knows you are and it would probably hurt you, so tell me where's the love in that.

What Guys Said 4

• Get some distance as it makes the heart grow fonder :) check mine out www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2061253-girl-interested-or-not

• patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persev

• He probably just wants to start having sex with you again

• No, it's an expression of possession

What Girls Said 1

• Jealousy is typically more about power, than love. Trust me, I speak from MANY experiences. I seem to be a magnet for guys with jealousy as a dominant personality traits. They're jealous on that level with every woman but they want you to believe that their jealousy associated to you is something special. They like feeling like they're powerfully impacting your emotions because it flatters them. Guys like this borderline on becoming controlling, possessive, and sometimes even emotionally abusive. Trust me, it always leads to a mess sooner or later.

I'd say you should move on from him and find someone with a more chill temperament.