If you learned that someone you had recently started dating regularly carried a gun on them (legally), how would you feel/react?

This is only really relevant for people in the United States. If you discovered that someone you had recently started dating was a Concealed Carry Weapons License holder, and carried a gun on them most of the time, would it have any affect on the relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly wouldn't mind at all. He's licensed to carry and well I'd love to learn if he's willing to teach me (it'd be a cool date idea).

• Cool date idea, but not safe. You should never take lessons in handling a firearm from someone who is not certified to do so.

• Yeah hence why I said idea. I know its not safe.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would talk to her about why she felt the need to carry a weapon but I would not ever suggest that she should stop carrying the weapon and it would not make me less interested in her. It might make me a little less likely to have a disagreement with her at that time of month! :)

What Girls Said 17

• Scared. Because at any point if i piss him off he can just pull the trigger.

• That's not how life works.

• I wouldn't really mind.

• We'd compliment each other as I have a carry permit myself.

• I'd assume he'd had a bad experience in the past, so took precautions to protect himself.

• I'd be ok with it as long as he's willing to fill out an application.

• I wouldn't like that at all... I'd have to wonder why he felt that was a necessity. It would make me so uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to touch him.

• Alas, it was never meant to be between us Kara, I see that now... woe is the day you would fear these cursed weapons of Mass Destruction

*pow pow*

• @kambo_trick3y lol! Wish I could curb my fear but I just can't!!! Something about getting shot is just so unappealing:p

• I wouldn't care.

• I would have so many questions, but probably be scared.

• As long as it's legal, no problem

• Yeah, I'd love it.

• It would scare me, I would not want to be around that

• It wouldn't affect the relationship

• I would be psyched! Means he would take me to the range and that he likes to live a dangerous yet exciting life style

• Steer clear away from them.

• I'm out. It's a statistical fact that those couples who have guns in the home get shot more by those guns and the people weilding them, accident or not, than those who have no guns in their homes.

• Scared.

• That wouldn't work for me. I'd end it. I'm fine with people owning guns and think it should be legal but I don't want one in or around my home and when I date it's in hopes of things getting more serious so I'd have to end it.

What Guys Said 10

• I usually carry on me and girls don't usually know unless they come home with me because then I'll put it on my nightstand. It's usually a huge turn on for them lol

• IT'S GOOD HE IS A CAUTIOUS PERSON... Plus I won't have to get stolen or raped if anybody enters my house LMAO

• I'd be thrilled that we have a common interest.

• I'd be more careful because if she thinks I'm cheating or something she might get more paranoid and shoot my dick off

• I would be ok with that

• Shocked. Afraid.

• I'd be kinda turned on. She shows responsibility of her own safety.

• I would be happy she is using her right to have a gun.

• I wouldn't care if he had a gun.

• We'll go on shooting range then slowly exhaust her bullets then destroy the gun