We can't seem to agree on a comfortable level of texting?

This question is mostly for people who DON'T text or talk to their s/o every day... but feel free to input any opinions anyways!

My boyfriend and I have been together for just over a year, and something that hasn't truly been settled -- for me anyways -- is how often we should text/talk when we aren't seeing each other.

We see each other maybe 3-4 times a week -- depending on schedules. So thats half the week basically. On the days off I personally like to get a quick message to see whats up and what not. But he rarely does so. When I have brought this up to him he usually says "it doesn't matter how much we talk to each other, we know we're going to see each other soon!" That's extremely valid, and I've tried to just go along with it -- but it frustrates me.

I see other people constantly talking to their s/o and I might be a little jealous? Yet I know and I agree that it really doesn't matter how often we talk to each other.

What Guys Said 1

• You're seeing him 3 - 4 days per week. Don't be clingy.

• Okay so, whats you're advice for taming the anxiety er whatever? I basically fake being okay with it all. Truth is, I don't know if I am or not.

• You're just gonna have to ask yourself what is it about the 3 or 4 days per week you don't see your boyfriend that is really so unbearable. Especially when seeing each other 3 -4 times per week is actually pretty good! Chances are both you and he have things in your lives you have to attend to, whether it's school or work or both, or whatever. That's life. Even in a marriage, sometimes one or both spouses have to be away from the other for periods of time for work. Try focusing on the time you do see your boyfriend. And if you have fears of abandonment or that he's cheating or something maybe you can deal with those issues head on.

What Girls Said 1

• People should make compromises in a relationship. He doesn't sound very eager to do so. After all, it doesn't require much thought or time to send a message.