Girls with pixie cuts: has having short hair affected your love life/ability to get dates? If so, how?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• When I've had SHORT hair, I tend to attract men who:
    • Are much less traditional (duhhh)
    • Are MUCH more sexually aggressive -- this is easily the single most noticeable difference
    • Talk to me more like I'm a "bro" -- are more blunt with me from the start (which I appreciate)
    • Don't have preconceptions about women
    • Are younger on average
    • Make the most conversation

When I've had LONGER hair and I've worn it DOWN, I've mostly attracted men who:
    • Are most "traditional"
    • Talk down to me
    • Want to throw money around
    • Are older on average
    • Are less sexually aggressive
    • Don't want to involve me in the things they do
    • Make the least conversation

When I've had longer hair and I've worn it in a PONYTAIL or UP, I've mostly attracted men who:
    • Seem to have lots of shit happening in their lives
    • Are sporty/active
    • Want to involve me in the things they do
    • Talk less, do more
    • Are very busy

These patterns have been very consistent throughout my whole life.

I met my husband when my hair was up in a high pony and I looked pretty much like shitters (layover at an airport hahah).

• Apropos of nothing, my husband loves short-haired women so much that it pretty much approaches fetish status.

• @RJGraveyTrain Hahah that's interesting, I got a veritable flash flood of compliments when I had my no.4 buzzer Natalie Portman quasi-GI Jane cut. LOL
      Especially from men. Men who would actually just *say* shit like "yr hair is hot as fuck". In a way that wasn't even creepo-sauce.

With my waist length hair, I almost exclusively get compliments from other women. Sometimes from really, really old dudes in leisure suits.

• Huh, humans are bizarre creatures.

What Girls Said 19

• I had a very short pixie cut and had zero problems. Even with traditional men who like long hair it didn't seem to stop them. If you want it go for it! Just make sure the style fits your facial structure and you have a stylist who likes doing short hair. First time was a nightmare because she didn't like cutting short hair. Best of luck :*

• My boyfriend actually prefers long hair, but he's mature enough (or desperate enough XD ) to look past the fact that I refuse to fill any of his preferences that I don't care for.

I'm getting mine cut again on Friday actually, using a five attachment on an electric razor.

• only difference-when i had it- was people commented n how cool my hair looked in general & guys complimented my eyes much more... i guess it brought them to more.

but i did not notice a decline or increase in love interests.

• Pixie cut? Pfft... that's for weaklings! Try shaving all your hair off and trying to get a date... that's the test of a true woman :D

• Eh. Depending on how she carried herself... still no problem. Amber Rose has no issues getting men.

During my first pregnancy, we zapped all my hair with a no. 4 clipper (= a lot like Natalie Portman's super short hair, when she had it). Def no shortage of male attention -- from HOT guys -- even though I was very married and (soon) very visibly pregnant.

The way men *looked* at me was way different. It was as though they were looking directly at my attitude, rather than at my body/hair/face per se.
      So... Attitude and confidence are always a huge fraction of sexiness, but, in this case they were definitely an even huger fraction.

• Ahha well nevermind then <3 I still think yr one of the coolest chicks on here. For what that's worth.

• @redeyemindtricks aww gee thanks redeye :)

• Less overall interest but the ones who were interested when I had short hair were generally more chill guys who don't give a shit about traditional bullshit. Oh but also be prepared to be hit on by lesbians.

• It hasn't really, my boyfriend likes it (he's bi though so maybe straight guys have an issue with it) but other people sometimes mistake me (I have a masculine frame) as a guy

• Yes. It's very strange, but people see my hair and assume I'm a boy before noticing my chest. Then it just turns them off. I don't get it.

• 😂😂 Kidding right?

• Well, if this sort of thing is an issue for you -- and it's something that matters enough to you -- you may want to get some instruction, and then start tweaking yr new skill set to yr delight. Srsly, it's fun! It's like making yrself literally into a work of art. (And you'll be in yr forties soon enough... mahah)

What about the clothes you wear when you aren't working? Decently stylish? Well chosen for yr silhouette?

• @redeyemindtricks i don't go out much, because of very awkward circumstances where i live. so people mostly see me at work.

• Now I know many chicks who are wicked attractive and down to earth but have short or no hair at all. Could be maybe a guy thinks something to do with sexuality (lesbian) and I'm sure some men like to define a woman by how long her hair is.

• Yes, positively. I look better with short hair, and I'm much more confident now that it's short.

• not really , if anything it brought more attention to my face I got more compliments on my lips or my eyes

• it looks confident

• In my opinion, I've had short hair for awhile and i reallu haven't been able to attract a lot of guys. I tend to notice guys like girls with longer hair. i dont rwally know why. but honestly if you have a bomb personality you have nithing to worry about

• Some girls look even hotter with it. All depends on their face. I think the general rule that guys like long hair is bull shit

• I think guys prefer longer hair because it has a real feminine feel to it

• You should never base how you want to look on whether or not it affects how guys look at you. Do whatever makes you happy, and makes you feel good about yourself and how you look.

• All guys have said I look better with long hair.

• I don't have a pixie cut, but I do have short hair. And no guy has told me this, but it probably does influence things. I'm considering getting extensions.

• I shaved my head when I broke up with my boyfriend.

Now I look like a boy. But my boyfriend for back together with me and he isn't ashamed of my hair ( or lack of). We still hold hands in public

• Yes. I thought it looked cute but I get considerably less attention from guys :(. Everyone said it looked good when I asked but my closest guy friends told me that I looked better with long hair. It's a bit upsetting, but my hair will grow back eventually.