To the people who actually rejected someone before, why did you?

I'm just curious, for girls, why did you reject the people who asked you out. And for guys, why did you reject the people who asked you out. This is based off of your own experiences. :) I just want to see your reasoning, just be honest with it though please. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• because she was fat. that´s the brutal truth but of course i was nice about it and didn´t tell her that.

• How fat? Like circle fat or just like a bMI of 25?

• xD no 25 is fine. far in the morbidly obese range xD don´t know exact numbers.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've rejected quite a few guys. :/ For a while there, it was because there was only one, special man on my mind. His attention was the only attention I wanted so I just wasn't interested in all the other guys who approached me. It's not like they were unattractive or ugly or approached me the wrong way; my eyes and heart were just set on someone else and no other man could change that.

I've rejected guys for approaching me on some sleazy, disrespectful sh*t. I literately once told one guy that he could turn around, come back, and try again with more respect this time Lol I've rejected guys if they approach me staring me up and down and the first thing that comes out of their mouth is some sleazy comment about my body or some superficial comment that makes me feel like a trophy. I've rejected guys if I've seen them disrespect other females or if I know they hop from female to female. If I'm just not all that interested in a guy's personality then I'll reject him as well. I really can't be fake and once I get bored with someone, I won't want to spend any time with them at all.

What Guys Said 15

• She was being too clingy. We didn't even know each other for a week. It took me about two hours to politely reject her. And even after that she sought me out on facebook again. I don't regret it at all.

• She wasn't my type, I felt like we had nothing in common and I need to work on myself a bit more before I get in a relationship.

• Nice reason! :) First person who actually decided to work on themself first before finding someone! :)

• I wasn't attracted enough, i had my eye on several other girls, or they had a shitty personality/rep/history.

• Finally first person who said personality! *highfive :)

• I have rejected people before and I told them why. You really wanna know? One had a severe drug problem and turned out to be married. Too much drama. Others? Just didn't click. That spark has to be there. Others wanted a commitment I couldn't offer. Ladies, if you are getting rejected, ask why. Maybe you are too clingy or needy. Or, maybe the guys you date just want hook ups.

• Wasn't attracted to them most likely.

• I rejected someone that would bring dishonor to my family and humiliate me in front of my friends. It was a very good choice to reject.

• Nice! :) What are some reasons do you mean by humiliate and dishonor? :O

• Yeah I would probably reject anyone who was taking drugs

• Yeah it's not good to be associated with drug abusers.

• no girl has ever walked up to me and said "will you go out to dinner w/ me?"

• Haha! Same! *highfive I was never asked out ever.

• She was fat.

• 1. I was not focussed on dating
    2. I was already with someone
    3. She was ugly af

• Those are pretty good reasons! :D I mean if you were already with someone, why would you go out with another person? That girl should have used her head. Was she not exactly bright too?

• I have never rejected someone or been rejected.

• Same, mostly because I never asked anyone out or has been asked lol.

• I have no time for it, but I've never been rejected before

• because they were ridiculously childish.

• I am an asshole who doesn't deserve a relationship that's why :)

• She had slept with the equivalent of a whole Basketball team...

• Some were not attractive. One was average and I liked her hot friend. The hot friend wanted to be with me but was too shy. I feel bad for the average I should have stayed with her especially since she was obsessed with me at the time.

What Girls Said 14

• One of these 3 reasons always:
    1. I was interested in someone else
    2. I wasn't physically attracted to him
    3. He was a douche

• Saw him as a friend. Totally did not see that coming O. O
    I'm also not really interested in relationships, and that's what I told him. Not the whole truth, but it works.

• Didn't care for dating and relationships.

• That's a pretty good reason! :) Being 20 years old must be a pretty busy life though :, D

• Yep. No time for all that. X)

• I just wasn't interested in them...

• Thanks for sharing your opinion! :) Did this person have features you didn't like in particular? (I'm just curious since I never asked anyone out before and and never was asked out, some people think I am asexual since I don't have a crush on anyone yet and I'm in highschool, but I'm not asexual I'm hetero)

• Didn't find them physically appealing and they would misspell compliments and ick... Just were too desperate

• That's a pretty good reason :)

• This guy used to stalk me and I found that too creepy. 😶 Another time, it was simply because I wasn't interested and the most recent was because I'm already taken. 😏

• I rejected this this one dude because I wasn't physically attracted to him even in the slightest bit. He was cool and all, but no way would I want him to be my first boyfriend

• well it's always at least one of these reasons listed below:
    1. creepy
    2. only looking for sex
    3. no confidence at all (i hate it)
    4. overly attached
    5. not my type

• Haha! Lol! XD It's a very good list of things to reject someone! :)

• I was 13 and my dad was all, "you're not allowed to date"

• I mostly turn people down because I just don't like them that way.

• Didn't like them.

• Circumstances. It would never work out.

• They just weren't my type, at all, whatsoever. I'm picky...

• One time it was because I was in fifth grade and didn't think I was old enough for a relationship even tho o really liked him

Another time this guy wasn't the most attractive (okay no offense but everyone in my grade thinks he resembles a troll) and he is really guy creepy (describing what he wants to do to you if you know what I mean) and clingy (asks me to go to the movies everyday no matter how many times I say were just friends nothing more)

Another time I liked someone more

Or they're cute but I was shy or just not interested

You can see why I'm single and always have been

• I rejected a guy once because I KNEW the ONLY REASON this mother fucker wanted me was because some other new guy was showing interest. He kept his mouth shut for 2 fucking years like a little pink ass bitch but the VERY MINUTE he see's someone else talking to me... Suddenly this punk ass bitch rides in or his entitlement horse like h has some claim on me and I'm like, " fuck you bitch."

• Haha! Serves him right! xD

• He'll be alright. Plenty more Sloots in the sea.

• @ButteredToast offff course. You are a cunt. Your mom should have had an abortion.